Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Bought Penumbra collection a few years back from the site- steam code?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I've been a huge Frictional Games fan for ages. Way back when, I bought the Penumbra collection (overture, black plague, requiem). It came as a single dmg download. I was wondering- is it possible to activate those games on Steam? There's no serial or anything in the dmg. I already bought overture on Steam because I forgot I actually owned it, but I'd like to not need to buy black plague again.
No, you can't activate games bought from Frictional Games Store in Steam. However, they come DRM free.
You could always go into your Steam Game Library and go up to "Games" and pick "Add non-steam game to library". I did this for MY Penumbras, Doom 3, and Halo: CEs =]
Thanks guys. I actually added it to Steam as a non-Steam app right now. However, when I try to run it, it asks me for a serial. I don't remember having to enter one when I first played this—I just downloaded the game off the site (I think once you bought it, you got your own special URL to download it). There's only a Penumbra License rtf in the main folder, but it's the user license agreement thing. I'm so confused!
The serial is in the receipt email, or on shelf.frictionalgames.com if you login using the order number from the receipt. There is also a link to esellerate to retrieve a lost order number, in case you don't have the receipt.
maybe you could wait for another steam sale, the entire pack was only 5 bucks on the halloween sale