Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Strange problem with trap doors.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, I put a trap door in the floor in one of my maps, its locked (I just checked, so yes, I am sure its locked), yet for whatever reason, I can still open the trap door when I'm in the game, without unlocking it. Is this just a way the entity acts?

The map and script can be changed with ease, but this has simply piqued my curiosity.
I had the same problem when I was working on one of my mod levels. "StaticPhysics" in level editor or scripting "SetPropStaticPhysics(string& asName, bool abX);" if you don't need to open it. Or if you want to "unlock" it with key, you can make this(SetPropStaticPhysics(string& asName, bool abX)Wink to be "false".
Trap doors' entity type is SwingDoor, so they should be able to be locked/unlocked. On that note, make sure the trap door is an entity from the entities/doors/ directory. I don't believe there are any trap-door entities that AREN'T SwingDoors, but check just to be sure. Have you tried deleting the .map_cache file in your maps folder? Give that a shot.