Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Penumbra: The Remake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
THAT, is something i have dreamed of for a while now!
So, basically, i have to update the engine and so forth.. What do i need to know to update it?
Like coding and so forth, and HOW do i update/rewrite the engine?
And lastly, who do i talk to about getting the right's to making a remake, if possible?
If there is no chance in hell i can make a remake cause of © or no permission, i would
still like to know how to improve on the engine (since it's free for use?).

Thanks to all who can help me along the way!
HPL1 engine is free and opensource. But all other assets Penumbra uses are still licensed assets of Frictional Games. They are not free and not opensource.
Okey, so how do i use/rewrite the engine?
And whom do i talk to about a remake?
You need to talk to Frictional Games as they are the owner all of the assets.
You may want to use HPL1 to update it. If you want to use HPL2, it will be a very hard process for you to recreate maps, as they are wholly modeled in Blender; and use much different pointer things that I don't know of.

HPL1 is opensource and downloadable. You might want to take a look at it first.
(11-20-2011, 06:51 AM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]You need to talk to Frictional Games as they are the owner all of the assets.
You may want to use HPL1 to update it. If you want to use HPL2, it will be a very hard process for you to recreate maps, as they are wholly modeled in Blender; and use much different pointer things that I don't know of.

HPL1 is opensource and downloadable. You might want to take a look at it first.
Okey. I shall send away an e-mail after i have been taking a look at the engine.
Thank you for your help, i shall post any results here.
Yeah, they should make an "Anniversary edition" in 2017.
Same levels, same game, but with upgraded engine and even more enhancements.
(11-21-2011, 05:21 PM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, they should make an "Anniversary edition" in 2017.

Good idea but...2017 really?
(11-21-2011, 05:21 PM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]Same levels, same game,
Not sure if serious or just trolling.
(11-22-2011, 01:45 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2011, 05:21 PM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]Same levels, same game,
Not sure if serious or just trolling.
Ditto.

(11-21-2011, 11:43 PM)BlueFury Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-21-2011, 05:21 PM)Googolplex Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, they should make an "Anniversary edition" in 2017.

Good idea but...2017 really?
They should. At least consider it after the game thats in production now.

(11-22-2011, 01:45 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if serious or just trolling.
What?

Otherwise it wouldn't be an Anniversary edition.
Anniversary editions could be released every decade and are the same game at all, but only reworked.

Pages: 1 2 3