Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: breaking the hole in archives.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
You can not broke the wall with your hand?

I show you how to do that:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p72fYoXeccY

I remember doing that too actually... Everyone on my livestream was like "What just happened?" lol it was great.
Knew that thing already
Ah. The Hole of Lies. I remember this, 'tis probably the grandest moment of my let's play yet Big Grin
Daniel confirmed for Norse god
I thought you were about to rant why Amnesia being scary is a lie >:O
It's just a puzzle with multiple solutions. The most obvious solution would be, search for a brick, or a book, and throw it against the wall. But as players don't like the feeling of being stuck in a puzzle, there are also easier, but not so obvious, solutions implemented.

This is true for a lot of puzzles, not just this one. One example that comes to mind, is the Study, where you, again, can break the window at different ways.
(02-20-2012, 08:44 PM)zeemeerman2 Wrote: [ -> ]It's just a puzzle with multiple solutions. The most obvious solution would be, search for a brick, or a book, and throw it against the wall. But as players don't like the feeling of being stuck in a puzzle, there are also easier, but not so obvious, solutions implemented.

This is true for a lot of puzzles, not just this one. One example that comes to mind, is the Study, where you, again, can break the window at different ways.
Actually it was a pretty obvious solution. More logical is to use your hands to try and make the hole bigger.
I think i just threw a brick at it... does the job at the end of the day
(02-22-2012, 11:46 AM)Clord Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-20-2012, 08:44 PM)zeemeerman2 Wrote: [ -> ]It's just a puzzle with multiple solutions. The most obvious solution would be, search for a brick, or a book, and throw it against the wall. But as players don't like the feeling of being stuck in a puzzle, there are also easier, but not so obvious, solutions implemented.

Actually it was a pretty obvious solution. More logical is to use your hands to try and make the hole bigger.
Not when you get a message saying it's not breakable by hand...

Pages: 1 2