Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Blog: "The Problem of Repetition"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Problems that can arise when repeating things.

http://frictionalgames.blogspot.com/2011...ition.html
(11-28-2011, 04:29 PM)Thomas Wrote: [ -> ]Problems that can arise when repeating things.

http://frictionalgames.blogspot.com/2011...ition.html
You know, rather than writing all these blogs, you should work on your next game more Tongue

Still, interesting blog, and I agree with you.

Nice joke btw.

(11-28-2011, 08:31 PM)SquigPie Wrote: [ -> ]You know, rather than writing all these blogs, you should work on your next game more Tongue

Still, interesting blog, and I agree with you.

Nice joke btw.
Don't you dare stop writing those blog posts!
They are very interesting, insightful and they give me some theory to play around with custom stories.
Quote: You know, rather than writing all these blogs, you should work on your next game more
Quote:Don't you dare stop writing those blog posts!
What to do Confused Huh
Make your next game a blog post Tongue
(11-29-2011, 08:24 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]Make your next game a blog post Tongue
Better yet, make your next blog post a game.
(11-30-2011, 05:58 PM)GetAgrippa Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-29-2011, 08:24 PM)Tanshaydar Wrote: [ -> ]Make your next game a blog post Tongue
Better yet, make your next blog post a game.

...best of all: Don't do anything!
Gave ya rep+ Thomas, can't stand the fact that a game Dev only has 10.
a game needs repetitive actions, something you know how to do when you get a curveball thrown at you like the voice in your head named clarence getting a body and coming after you with his long bloody fingers.
I really don't think this is a problem.

Yes, it is unrealistic when NPCs speak computer generated words and no real dialogues.

But isn't story, atmosphere, design and involving more important than dialogue speaks?

I think, making a game more realistic, don't use only credible dialogues, use also photoreal textures.

But you see some old games with bad graphics are much better than actual action games.

So, the game itself is important and not some minor.

Thomas write fantastic repetitions.

I'm interested how he would write a repetition of his own games.

Consider them neutral. If you wouldn't know them and play for the first time.
You get scared by your own games?

Pages: 1 2