Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: HP laptop help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an hp laptop but the guide only covered laptops from the envy series and dv6 and dv7. I have a dm4 2070us laptop. It has the 2nd gen sandy bridge i5. 6 RAM, 2.3 GHz, and intel hd 3000 graphics. I downloaded the latest HP drivers which is version 2279 but i get the black screened amnesia. I was thinking following the procedure for the dv6/7 envy hp laptops but wasn't sure since mine was a dm4. Also, It's strange that the latest intel hd 3000 graphics drivers are good for amnesia but the latest versions of the hp graphics drivers for intel are no good. Do you guys think it would be okay if I uninstalled the drivers from hp for my intel hd graphics and installed the latest ones from intel?
I don't know if your laptop has also an AMD dedicated graphics card. Make sure your bios is fully updated from HP site and then try to follow the Envy, DV6,DV7 procedure. It might work. If not, uninstall the old Intel HP drivers and use the have disk method to install the latest from Intel.