Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: game still crashes at startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The game crashes when I try to launch it. I can't even see what the error message is. I noticed that the game does not recognize my video card (nvidia 8800gt) so I used driver sweeper after uninstalling my drivers and then downloaded/installed the newest driver but my card still isn't recognized. I bought the game via steam and my pc components are

Windows XP Home Service Pack 3
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+
NVIDIA 8800GT
2 GB Ram
Did you download the drivers from nvidia.com?
(12-04-2011, 01:28 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]Make sure yo have this installed:

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp-290.3...river.html
I installed this driver but the game still crashes when I attempt to launch it.
Maybe your graphics card is corrupted then. Can you run other games?

This is the first game I've ever had a problem running. I bought the game about a year ago but uninstalled it because it would instantly crash at launch. In the past month I've played Portal 2, The Witcher, Stalker, Fallout: New Vegas with no problems. I just installed Fallout: New Vegas a few days ago and I launched it today for the first time and it recognized my video card.
At the launcher does it detect the 8800GT? Try to run the game again and reattach us the HPL.log file. We should do a clean driver installation again I think.
I did another clean driver installation and the game still doesn't detect my 8800GT.
Download the file attached below and run the exe in there. What OpenGL version does it detect?
DoctorGL also crashed when I tried to run it
Pages: 1 2