Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Changing the file address of static objects in map to a new one
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok now I want to know is there a way to change where the map sees that static object, ect. to a new path.

Ive been working on my custom story for quite sometime. But in the bigining of the process, all the custom stuff I have placed in the maps, are rooted to "amnesia/static_objects/white_night" I want to know is it possible to tell the map to look in this address "custom_stories/The Hands Resist Him/static_objects/white_night"

When ever I edit the .map file as a text document, I try and change the address for each custom object there in the map, and then I save the new map file. I then remove the original address that was there in the first place, with accepting the new one I assigned. The problem is that, they dissapear, there not in the map. I realy want to do it this becouse I want to turn it into a total conversion. I cant do that with static objects and textures hanging around outside of the The Hands Resist Him folder. Can anybody help me?
Where do they disappear from, the level editor or the game?
Both, as I went back into the level editor it says it cant find the....hmm something just pondered in my head. Ok I go into the .map file as text document, change all of the addresses of where I want that object or primitive to be in the new address I want. I then go back and delete the old stuff that was stored in the folders. I go back into the editor and re import all the stuff of where the new stuff is. Its kind of hard to explain yes but im going to give this a try. Allways back up your custom story before toying with it.
Ehh that does not work. Well thred closed.