Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-06-2012, 04:35 AM)Sel Wrote: [ -> ]first sculpt ever

Spoiler below!
[Image: anvil.jpg]
Lets see this after texturing Wink
(01-06-2012, 04:35 AM)Sel Wrote: [ -> ]first sculpt ever
I love the attention to subtle details. For example how the surface changes dependent upon damage, it all follows a realistic and logical pattern. I have marked it here on a picture:
Spoiler below!

[Image: xunnK.jpg]

1: Melted part, where the residues have formed a crust shape on it. The surface is very smooth as expected - a liquid forms a very smooth layer when returning to a solid.
2: The "regular" surface of the anvil, quite smooth but not 100% so. Not as smooth as Nr. 1 - which is to be expected.
3. Part where a chunk has been chipped away. Least smooth part of the three, as expected.

The question marked surface is what I'm wondering about. I looked at some concept art of anvils and they seem to have one square hole and one round hole. The placement of your round hole however seems a bit random, and I first thought it was some sort of damage to the anvil. Even if it is damage - that's hell of a strong blacksmith :>

I'm also wondering what sort of tool made the scratches at the edges of the anvil?

Hopefully you'll find the feedback useful :>

It's a very nice model!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3332789/Anvil_by_Zureks.jpg

@the hole on the back, I guess it's on the wrong side, and too far out though haha.

As for the scratches on the legs and whatnot, I had intended to make it appear to be very old and have seen a lot of love, chances are being moved around a lot, and since those legs stick out, they'd also be more likely to get bumped by things the blacksmith was carrying by.

Sculpting is a lot easier than I thought it would be, so I might just go back and do some details on those drawers, and hopefully this will be easier to texture, since I can't get anything I like on those drawers ;____;
[Image: anvil3ps.png]

200 Tris, looks like spending the last two months trying to figure out texturing has finally yielded something that isn't totally atrocious. That's nice.
more texturing practice

[Image: wheelsidediffuse.jpg]
Looking good man.
So how do you seam that thing? It looks like you did each piece individually but the texture wraps around nicely.

I can do the texturing if I spend some effort into it, but the seaming always gets on my nerves.
(01-13-2012, 01:54 PM)Rapture Wrote: [ -> ]So how do you seam that thing? It looks like you did each piece individually but the texture wraps around nicely.

I can do the texturing if I spend some effort into it, but the seaming always gets on my nerves.

I mirrored the texture in PS near the end of the geometry so it could tile, and then I added details to the texture on one side so it didn't look like it was just mirrored.

If I knew how to edit textures to tile I could do that too, but I don't ;___;
Sel is gettin' pretty bossmode at modeling, just saiyan.

Then again this is coming from someone who was impressed when he made a letter 3D in c4d - but still great work!
(01-13-2012, 06:48 PM)Cryaotic Wrote: [ -> ]just saiyan.
x)