Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-24-2013, 10:37 AM)Pshyched Wrote: [ -> ]There is light dust there, Haha. Light Dust-Large to be exact.
Oh i saw it now, but have it in the Bilboard, now its over and look weird Wink
I see what you mean, I moved them into the Bilboards, looks a lot better now. btw Is there a way to change the angle of which they fall?
(05-24-2013, 11:37 AM)Pshyched Wrote: [ -> ]I see what you mean, I moved them into the Bilboards, looks a lot better now. btw Is there a way to change the angle of which they fall?

You have to edit the .ps file.
(05-24-2013, 11:37 AM)Pshyched Wrote: [ -> ]I see what you mean, I moved them into the Bilboards, looks a lot better now. btw Is there a way to change the angle of which they fall?

You could rotate them in the Level editor as well, but they still move in the same way, just in a different direction from the center. Smile
still needs a lot of work but fuck it #yolo
[Image: WUrT2Fv.jpg]
if you follow my mod at all you should probably have a good idea of what this is (sorry it's blurry but i had to take it through glass so you know)[Image: PMFXtYI.jpg]

EDIT: updated first screenshot after an hour or two more of work, it's pretty much done at this point
Looks good, about the first screen. Turn on your shadows for your spotlight, you did it for your 2nd picture, but not the first?
I've been playing around, adding more and adding less, to try and make it as good as I can. Here's what I feel is a final Product, I hope its good. Smile
[Image: amnesia2013052601494871.jpg]
@Physhced - I think the candle can be rotated, so the pointlight it has is being cast into the room. Not the wall.

The room should have a very dark box-light because of the candlelight + window light.

The window tint is to green, like your under-water or something.
(05-25-2013, 07:02 PM)Pshyched Wrote: [ -> ]I've been playing around, adding more and adding less, to try and make it as good as I can. Here's what I feel is a final Product, I hope its good. Smile
<image>

Excuse me good sir, but I have to ask:
Spoiler below!

[Image: rnqNkmIdYQCD6tdBw6q9Edux7wnoyKp8-l9JJyjB...e=1024x768]
What is this nonsense?
You know exactly how to use a boxlight, I've seen them in your maps before. For this room, I'd recommend going with a darker and less saturated version of the colour you end up using for the window light.

Darker - divide all the numbers in half... probably in thirds (divide by 3) based on the brightness of your window currently

Saturation - make all the numbers closer together so it appears more grey, but isn't actually grey <~ key part of the sentence

On the flip side, I like the colours you used together. They may not be appropriate for a window (as pointed out by Rapture), but they look good together and your use of pointlights is improving!
(05-25-2013, 11:58 PM)Rapture Wrote: [ -> ]@Physhced - I think the candle can be rotated, so the pointlight it has is being cast into the room. Not the wall.

The room should have a very dark box-light because of the candlelight + window light.

The window tint is to green, like your under-water or something.

I did not even realise candles had pointlights already attached to them -.- Thank you for telling me this! Big Grin

Yes, I will be adding a box light to these rooms, The same as i did with my Demo map.

I sorta liked the effect though :/ But I guess I could try and make it more of a lighter colour (But its actually Teal color Tongue)

Kiandra, I dont know why But I can't actually see those images Sad

I'll play around with the colors and try to get a good combo Smile