Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pretty nice so far, but you'll need to work a bit more on the lighting. There are a lot of unnatural shadows around the torch. Place a pointlight and a boxlight lighten the room up.
Unnatural shadows? Explain please.
Of course I'm already using a pointlight, boxlight and spotlight.
The torch on the picture is a torch surrounded by a ball of light. This is not how light works in the real world.
The light will light up more of the room, but fade more and more until it's black.
(06-19-2013, 05:14 PM)Wapez Wrote: [ -> ]Unnatural shadows? Explain please.
Of course I'm already using a pointlight, boxlight and spotlight.

The dark shadows. A light doesn't just stop somewhere in mid air. It goes on till it reaches a wall. I'm talking about the pure dark spots on the left and right of the screen

Edit: BeeKayK ninja'd me. But yeah, that's what I meant Smile
So I made a entrence hall (The door is behind the pillars!) and I need your opinions on the lightning!

(sorry if my enlish is bad!)
[Image: lbl8k.jpg]

[Image: 96mf6d.jpg]
The billboard's color is too strong. It must be faint. Add some light dust. Again, it must be faint.
(06-20-2013, 12:27 PM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]The billboard's color is too strong. It must be faint. Add some light dust. Again, it must be faint.
I have light dust! But thank you I will fix the billboard's right away!
It's also pretty dark.. You should add more point- and spotlights.
(06-20-2013, 12:30 PM)Smoke Wrote: [ -> ]It's also pretty dark.. You should add more point- and spotlights.
Yes sir!

Edit: The problem is that I allways have a hard time using pointlights! :p
(06-20-2013, 12:30 PM)Kullin Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-20-2013, 12:30 PM)Smoke Wrote: [ -> ]It's also pretty dark.. You should add more point- and spotlights.
Yes sir!

Edit: The problem is that I allways have a hard time using pointlights! :p

Then learn it! Use them more often, if they're hard to use! Smile The more you use them, the more you'll get used to the way they work, and how you're supposed to use them