Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-07-2013, 03:36 PM)The chaser Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-07-2013, 02:39 PM)BeeKayK Wrote: [ -> ]To be honest, i feel like the player is floating in space. You need some background. Mountains further away.otherwise it's a planet floating in space

Well, technically, we are in a planet floating in space, so...

This planet looks very very small then Smile as if you could take 5 steps and end up in China
Oh my god it's a long time since I've posted in this thread! Well I have some screenshots.

Spoiler below!

[Image: SRlOWTW.jpg]
[Image: n2bt3d.jpg]

First picture: looks alright except for the lack of detail, not much to look at so not much to say. Also the lamps look a bit strange and stale.

Second picture: not much to look at so not much to say again, but maybe add a bit more detail to this one to. Also you could add a welder connected to the extension on the ceiling at the entrance to the tunnel thingy, so that it doesn't go right into the white area on the wall.

Everything else look alright Smile
(07-08-2013, 06:21 AM)Zandrojakov Wrote: [ -> ]First picture: looks alright except for the lack of detail, not much to look at so not much to say. Also the lamps look a bit strange and stale.

Second picture: not much to look at so not much to say again, but maybe add a bit more detail to this one to. Also you could add a welder connected to the extension on the ceiling at the entrance to the tunnel thingy, so that it doesn't go right into the white area on the wall.

Everything else look alright Smile

Okay thanks.
Lately I've only been analyzing others, so here's some of my work Smile
The second one is only to show my lighting.

Spoiler below!

[Image: DBj552l.jpg]
[Image: 2QE5lkJ.jpg]
[Image: sQJyd5Z.jpg]

That's really neat!
But I'd change the light rays in the second picture. They're too obvious, you should make them more faint-ish.
Really? Hm alright I'll change it and see how it looks, thanks though Smile
@Zandrojakov

Vice versa. I think you should make light rays even more "glowing", much brighter and more yellowish. The argument is that the windows, those yellow windows are very bright and at the moment rays are too ghostish, they do not match the brightness of windows themselves.

At the same time, if I'd be on your place, I could make the corridor itself a bit darker, in order to make whole setting a bit more contrasty. Right now overall mood of the place is too... how to say it O.o shit... it's a "middle". I do not know how to describe that, be honest. It's not gloomy and at the same time not dreamy, positive. It's something in the middle. I hope you'll understand what I mean. And doing anything in the "middle" is always bad (if it's not intented to be "middle"). So I'd recommend to make everything more gloomy, much more, or vice versa a more positive and calm. Your choice.

P.S. It's just a private opinion. You're the author, you're the only one who is right. To ignore someone's recommends is always a decision too.
(07-08-2013, 05:11 PM)Alex Ros Wrote: [ -> ]@Zandrojakov

Vice versa. I think you should make light rays even more "glowing", much brighter and more yellowish. The argument is that the windows, those yellow windows are very bright and at the moment rays are too ghostish, they do not match the brightness of windows themselves.

I respectfully disagree. The reason light rays exist in real life in the first place is because of particles in the air being illuminated - an example being dust or fog.

In the screenshot, the air looks extremely clean. So my suggestion would be to either reduce the brightness of the billboards or add a fog area to the environment to justify the brightness.
(12-09-2011, 12:17 AM)Kman Wrote: [ -> ]ok, don't go easy on these. no i mean seriously, i want you to point out EVERY flaw you can find, i've been trying to find way's to improve but haven't been getting too much luck >_>

http://i55.tinypic.com/1gssao.png

http://i43.tinypic.com/5a1ceq.png
Try using a source of light, the darkness is the first priority of story screenshots.