Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That is very very very very bright... That's not how I recall sunny days... Unless I've spend the night inside playing video games. A sunny day would have blue sky, bird sounds, everything well lit, with occasional shadows cast by trees. Not so foggy
I get that the fog is supposed to make it seem bright, but that defeats the whole sunny day look. If it were a sunny day, you would be able to see for miles. And magnificent blinding white light like that would only happen if you stepped outside for the first time in years of underground solitary confinement. Tongue
(08-14-2013, 05:56 PM)i3670 Wrote: [ -> ]Trying to create a sunny day effect with some billboards. Any tips? Got some out already.

Spoiler below!

[Image: ITYRKki.jpg]

if you are half blind, thats defiently a sunny day.
Jk jk.....
but seriously, you gotta lower the brightness a bit (:
Aside from the blinding light. The billboards? Any suggestions?
(08-14-2013, 07:43 PM)i3670 Wrote: [ -> ]Aside from the blinding light. The billboards? Any suggestions?

The problem is that it doesn't look like a sunny day, it looks like it's happening something fancy I can't even describe O.o

That shouldn't be playable ofc but as a scene it works great.
But not as a sunny day

NOW Imma show you the cleaniest and the tidiest room you'll ever see in your life. If you take a deep breath it looks like being at the core of the garden of eden, smelling the fresh air and perfume of the leaves and the trees.

[Image: Robosprogroomspiderowuoeuoe01.png]

[Image: Robosprogroomspiderowuoeuoe02.png]
How do rooms EVEN get this messy lol?
(08-15-2013, 05:19 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: [ -> ]How do rooms EVEN get this messy lol?

release date reveal....

Reply to Hardarm - It is a scene and the player will not be active at the moment it is shown. Therefore I need some advice on the billboards.
(08-15-2013, 05:23 PM)i3670 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-15-2013, 05:19 PM)Kreekakon Wrote: [ -> ]How do rooms EVEN get this messy lol?

release date reveal....

Reply to Hardarm - It is a scene and the player will not be active at the moment it is shown. Therefore I need some advice on the billboards.

They look pretty good! but make them more faint. (referring to the radial blur ones)
(08-15-2013, 04:59 PM)Hardarm Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-14-2013, 07:43 PM)i3670 Wrote: [ -> ]Aside from the blinding light. The billboards? Any suggestions?

The problem is that it doesn't look like a sunny day, it looks like it's happening something fancy I can't even describe O.o

That shouldn't be playable ofc but as a scene it works great.
But not as a sunny day

NOW Imma show you the cleaniest and the tidiest room you'll ever see in your life. If you take a deep breath it looks like being at the core of the garden of eden, smelling the fresh air and perfume of the leaves and the trees.

[Image: Robosprogroomspiderowuoeuoe01.png]

[Image: Robosprogroomspiderowuoeuoe02.png]

the ceiling looks way too dark considering how bright the light coming in from those two windows is, also the billboards could use some work (they look a bit too bright and they only look like they're coming out of certain portions of the windows)

other than that everything looks really really amazing though
I got bored, so I put random things on the level editor.
Spoiler below!

[Image: YjQiMKI.png]