Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: tumblr_mu7ssbqxM31s9e3m4o1_1280.png]
i'm probably going to finish mapping in the next 2-3 days what am i even supposed to do after that
Like Robosprog said, the design sells it to me. Although I would criticize the lighting because boy is it bright in their for those 2-3 lamps+ you have.
Hello! It's been a while since a even touched the level editor, but today I did for some reason. Anyways here's a bit of an experimental/ghostly scene I made in about an hour.

[Image: kjQ2GkG.jpg]
Thanks, the statue is actually standing in the middle of a small pond/lake
and I had some other statues kinda creeping in the forest staring into the middle. Although I decided not to show that because I haven't really managed to make the water look good enough. However there are some really cool reflection effects going on.

[Image: lN7NkDI.jpg]
Do I recognize that map, or am I just seeing things that aren't really there?
Either way, looks better than the last time I saw it, I think. I'm going off of memory here (although it is a bit dark) :p
WOO! My memory isn't as bad as I thought it was :p I definitely like the new version better - yep, definitely.
On another topic: I happen to have a map of a greenhouse I'm working on and I'm posting a very unpolished screenshot of it because I don't really have enough time to polish it at the moment and I want feedback on the whole architecture/building structure before I start putting elaborate details in.
Spoiler below!

So, I don't want criticism on the lighting or the complete disregard for detail (unless it's related to the actual walls/ceiling/floor). I'm absolutely in love with the fact that I made a (very empty) greenhouse, so I'm not the best to judge my own work at the moment :p Anyways, thanks for putting up with me.
[Image: greenhouse_architecture_by_rueppells_fox-d6plysy.png]
I didn't like the AAMFP greenhouse assets, so I had fun c:

(10-07-2013, 09:41 PM)Kia Wrote: [ -> ]WOO! My memory isn't as bad as I thought it was :p I definitely like the new version better - yep, definitely.
On another topic: I happen to have a map of a greenhouse I'm working on and I'm posting a very unpolished screenshot of it because I don't really have enough time to polish it at the moment and I want feedback on the whole architecture/building structure before I start putting elaborate details in.
Spoiler below!

So, I don't want criticism on the lighting or the complete disregard for detail (unless it's related to the actual walls/ceiling/floor). I'm absolutely in love with the fact that I made a (very empty) greenhouse, so I'm not the best to judge my own work at the moment :p Anyways, thanks for putting up with me.
[Image: greenhouse_architecture_by_rueppells_fox-d6plysy.png]
I didn't like the AAMFP greenhouse assets, so I had fun c:

first of all I think its great that you consult for feedback at such an early stage.

The roof does not seem like it would hold on its own, especially during the winther would snow pile up on top. It would make sence for some support to hold it up, like some thinner metal beams/pillars like those you used to build the greenhouse with, I suggest trying it, and putting them 2 by 2 so that you dont block the middle view from the door.

At some point I also think you should try and make the glass transparent as it does by defualt look kinda fake(though with a creepy look to it), so just try it to see how it looks by opening it in the material editor, setting it to transluent I believe its called and setting the mixing to multiply so its does not get too see through. You can also try editting it yourself in a image software.
What ya think?
[Image: ED0EYGk.jpg]
(10-08-2013, 12:45 AM)Zandrojakov Wrote: [ -> ]What ya think?
[Image: ED0EYGk.jpg]

Looking good Smile what window are those? are they from amfp?
(10-07-2013, 09:53 PM)Robosprog Wrote: [ -> ]<nice stuff>
(10-07-2013, 10:00 PM)The Mug Wrote: [ -> ]<more nice stuff>

Thanks you two :D I'll definitely have to add that stuff to my map (which means figuring out the material editor).

(10-08-2013, 12:45 AM)Zandrojakov Wrote: [ -> ]What ya think?
<picture>

I like it! There's not much for particles at the moment, but that's not my forte, so I'm not going to comment much on that. However, that lighting coming from the windows is very very strong, is there a brighter light outside that just isn't seen in the screenshot? I would almost expect that kind of brightness from a streetlamp.