Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Working on improving the main screenshot(the first one people see in the thread) for Project Dead Bacon.

[Image: CAs5dtq.jpg]
I have a pretty bright monitor apparantly so those with a dark one can look at this slightly brighter one:
[Image: GixdspH.jpg]
Decals and detailing make it look a lot better in game I think. Still, I think the same problem remains (that's just my opinion as a fairly inexperienced modder), this is too dark and lacks contrast. An empty hallway can look good and attractive, but the lighting has to be very creative or to at least create a lot of different colors/brightnesses.
I don't think there is enough contrast yet for this area to make it look very good.

What do you think about it ?
Spoiler below!
(12-26-2013, 11:19 AM)ClayPigeon Wrote: [ -> ]
Spoiler below!

More decals and particles. Also is the moon out? Because, if it is you could create a giant spotlight and create some shadows.
What i3670 said. I think it looks too sterile for an outdoors environment. Give it a more weathered look. Big Grin
(12-26-2013, 03:00 PM)i3670 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2013, 11:19 AM)ClayPigeon Wrote: [ -> ]
Spoiler below!

More decals and particles. Also is the moon out? Because, if it is you could create a giant spotlight and create some shadows.

There is a moon entity added in AMFP. I put it out there, it's just hidden by the bridge.
(12-26-2013, 04:00 PM)MyRedNeptune Wrote: [ -> ]What i3670 said. I think it looks too sterile for an outdoors environment. Give it a more weathered look. Big Grin

Thanks for the feedback. I just don't know what to add. A weathered look?
(12-26-2013, 06:25 PM)ClayPigeon Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the feedback. I just don't know what to add. A weathered look?

Add some decals and particles. You can find the former in the static objects, entities and decals categories.
This looks awesome!Big Grin
Hey!
So im new here but I thought I might try to post a screenshot just to see what you guys think! Smile
Keep in mind that im new to this but I hope you like it.

Spoiler below!
[Image: 9a8vsx.jpg]

Thank you Romulator for the spoiler thing! Smile
Spoiler tags can be made with this:

Code:
[spoiler]Insert Spoiler Here.[/spoiler]

I cannot really comment on your Screenshot though because I am no expert at criticism. I would always just say "Looks great! Keep it up!" Tongue