Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
^_^/ !

A lighting that isn't perfectly balanced is also an opportunity to make a map more dynamic. Your room, made slightly dark with a big source of white/warm light and some blue light on the floor locally creating a blue lighting sounds appealing to me ^^.
I don't want it too look too "nice", if you know what I mean. This room has been left underground for years. Powers still working, but it's pretty worn.
I did not mean nice, i meant attractive for the player. Just meant that two different lights sources of different colors can affect the atmosphere in a nice way.

By the way if this is underground what I took for a window is an electric light ? It might have to be more worn and dirty then :o ?
Maybe Smile I'll see what I can do. Yes this is electric light.
Yeah, it's just a detail after all, and not the kind that matters so much x).
Hey guys. I'm making a CS called AFM whose beta is about to release. I got some pics to criticize. My focus is currently on Lighting and Detailing. So please criticize those two aspects in the pics below.
Spoiler below!

[Image: KqEvkMs.jpg]
[Image: euEWqIe.jpg]

This is the Grand Hall. This is the front section.

Spoiler below!

[Image: dx4ouet.jpg]

This is the Side Section.

Spoiler below!

[Image: GR95U2M.jpg]

This is the Guest Room. White sofa btw.

Spoiler below!

[Image: f41DgwG.jpg]

This is the Dining Room.

Aaaand that's all. Please tell me how to improve on Lighting and Detailing in these rooms.

If you want to quote this, please shorten this post as it contains more than 4 pictures (5 pictures to be exact.)
In terms of detailing, can you put some paintings or similar on the walls at all? Just some simple decor to take away the blandness of the walls.
poooooooooooooint liiiiiiiiights.

To busy to go into further detail that should be self explanatory.

Ill be back later for more in depth explanation.
It looks really empty.. Not saying that's bad, but I don't like it.
Thank you for all the criticism. I know it's mostly empty and that's why I came here. I know how to populate small areas, but not large ones. Do you guys have any more idea on what relevant things I can put in the Grand Hall and Side Section? Other than paintings of course.