Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
And you might want to have a large box light surrounding the area, so it's not pitch black
(12-16-2012, 06:37 PM)Rapture Wrote: [ -> ]Looking good, but I hope the sky looks better than what I see right now. (Colors look messed up)
Looks to me like he was hurt, which caused the screen to fade red. You can see the specks of noise in the clouds that are part of the injured effect.
(12-16-2012, 07:50 PM)Streetboat Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-16-2012, 06:37 PM)Rapture Wrote: [ -> ]Looking good, but I hope the sky looks better than what I see right now. (Colors look messed up)
Looks to me like he was hurt, which caused the screen to fade red. You can see the specks of noise in the clouds that are part of the injured effect.
You could be right, but I think the skybox is just low quality, in my opinion. If not and you're right, I advise the creator to not injure the player or have him lose his sanity before taking a screenshot. It diminishes the quality. My advice is to create a VERY light boxlight, RGB ~ 0.12, 0.12, 0.12... As for the skybox, it seems really strange because it's showing stars, depicting night time, but the clouds are bright like day time... It's kind of defying nature, so in any way, it's going to look wrong. Perhaps you need a new skybox.
(12-06-2012, 07:13 PM)Khyrpa Wrote: [ -> ]Not quite sure what I'm doing. Been fun making this though. I like this as a thumbnail.

[Image: 11615208.png]
Dimensions are looking really good! Rather beautiful focus! I'm saying words to sound professional! Nice job!
(12-16-2012, 07:50 PM)Streetboat Wrote: [ -> ]
He IS hurt. Because the windows are redish in the picture, and they should be blueish. and still the enviroment is black. So i guess the skybox is fine.
Check out my mod page at moddb in my signature. There you will see other screenshots of the mod.
And yeah, I injured myself to get the effect.
[Image: McERI.jpg]
Pretty happy with how this is turning out. Any thoughts?
Looks good! That creepy fog is really cool Wink
By what I see, I think you could add dust particles in the lamp, a wood is dusty Wink
What about DAT tree? o.o
(12-20-2012, 05:16 PM)Hardarm Wrote: [ -> ]What about DAT tree? o.o

I realised my post was the 300th 0_0

Anyways, I think you mean the tree at the right, at the side of the lamp. Yeah, it looks a bit weird.