Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Looks like you copied most of the rocks without changing their size/rotation. You could get away with using bigger stretched rocks in mid-far distance and still get the same effect, would cut down the amount of props you have for a scene.

I'm not sure if your doing this yet, but you could also make a couple of set pieces with the rocks, combine them into a compound object and use that to speed up the process of making your terrain.
(02-13-2013, 04:19 PM)Robosprog Wrote: [ -> ]Still a work in progress but post any criticisms obviously, that's what this thread is here for.

The enviroment could maybe be even lighter. The sky is very blue.
Have you ever tried using a 3d modelling program, like blender? You may find you can get these shapes in much better detail and in greater variety fairly easily. The arch looks good, but mostly it looks good for what you've been able to do with whats available - it's impressive because of the obvious challenge of making an outdoor environment with extremely limited assets, but it doesn't look quite right, you may get better results if you invested as much time learning how to model landscape and rocks in blender
(02-13-2013, 06:27 PM)Adrianis Wrote: [ -> ]Have you ever tried using a 3d modelling program, like blender? You may find you can get these shapes in much better detail and in greater variety fairly easily.

Who needs modeling when you got #leveleditorswag?
(02-13-2013, 08:00 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: [ -> ]Who needs modeling when you got #leveleditorswag?

Make a rock archway with planes #leveleditorswag

[Image: emot-colbert.gif]
(02-13-2013, 08:11 PM)Robosprog Wrote: [ -> ]I can't afford blender and there isn't a student ver to my knowledge, however I am trying to learn how to use maya

Uhh, you sure you haven't got those two mixed up Tongue
Blender is free, open source, maya is paid for, and has student versions

(02-13-2013, 08:11 PM)Robosprog Wrote: [ -> ]whilst you may disagree, that is my opinion.

Fair enough! Can't argue with that Smile
(02-13-2013, 08:11 PM)Robosprog Wrote: [ -> ]I can't afford blender and there isn't a student ver to my knowledge, however I am trying to learn how to use maya, which I am finding.. challenging. I would disagree on that it only looks good for the feat, if something looks good at all then it looks good, and whilst you may disagree, that is my opinion.

Blender's free 0.o Maya, 3DS Max, and Zbrush, however, are not.
Edit: ninja'd I should read more carefully
(02-13-2013, 08:37 PM)Robosprog Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-13-2013, 08:20 PM)Streetboat Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-13-2013, 08:00 PM)CorinthianMerchant Wrote: [ -> ]Who needs modeling when you got #leveleditorswag?

Make a rock archway with planes #leveleditorswag

[Image: emot-colbert.gif]
I don't think it's possible and to have it look good, feel free to try though! xD

You misunderstand, it was a challenge to you (or corinthianmerchant) Tongue
Yea, so i started playing with water...

[Image: 3347rbd.jpg]

[Image: 30djvb9.jpg]

What could i do better?
@Robosprog
How do you make the lakes?