Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [Amnesia] Screenshot criticism thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Incoming!
Spoiler below!

[Image: amnesia__2__by_rueppells_fox-d5xacft.jpg]

I had to put in a ladder area, too hard to climb just via jumping. What do you guys think? Good/bad/horrible? Any suggestions on how to make it blend better with the floor?
+1 for an image that I had to stare at for a couple of seconds longer to figure what angle I was looking at. Orientation or whatever makes sense to you guys.
(03-08-2013, 12:30 AM)Kiandra Wrote: [ -> ]Incoming!
Spoiler below!

[Image: amnesia__2__by_rueppells_fox-d5xacft.jpg]

I had to put in a ladder area, too hard to climb just via jumping. What do you guys think? Good/bad/horrible? Any suggestions on how to make it blend better with the floor?

Kiandra, your good at this. Keep it up.
Looks great, Kiandra. Seamless transition.
Remember the pillar at the end of the original game? When you have to knock it over? Well, how to make an entity to do that?
(03-08-2013, 05:46 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: [ -> ]Remember the pillar at the end of the original game? When you have to knock it over? Well, how to make an entity to do that?

Open the script for the orb chamber (29_orb_chamber.hps) in Notepad++ or Genie or whatever scripting program you use and find the pillar script that FG used. You might get a more useful answer if you ask in the Development support thread though - I'm not exactly the world's best scripter; by that, I mean I still struggle with key-locked door scripts :p
Went back and looked at my first map... Decided it needed revamping. What do you guys think?

Old
Spoiler below!

[Image: lillian__s_room_by_rueppells_fox-d5qk5gw.jpg]

New
Spoiler below!

[Image: lilliansroomv2_by_rueppells_fox-d5xhj7o.jpg]
[Image: lillian_by_rueppells_fox-d5xhoaf.jpg]

I definitely didn't just quickly whip the room into shape because this thread needs life.

Edit... only did I just realize (3 days after posting) that I wrote "thread" as "threat"
(03-09-2013, 10:04 PM)Kiandra Wrote: [ -> ]Went back and looked at my first map... Decided it needed revamping. What do you guys think?

Old
Spoiler below!

[Image: lillian__s_room_by_rueppells_fox-d5qk5gw.jpg]

New
Spoiler below!

[Image: lilliansroomv2_by_rueppells_fox-d5xhj7o.jpg]
[Image: lillian_by_rueppells_fox-d5xhoaf.jpg]

I definitely didn't just quickly whip the room into shape because this threat needs life.
I love your lighting, has its own style. something you dont see often :D
(03-09-2013, 10:49 PM)Robosprog Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 820FB75CE28A4562BAEF3A8AF8E6431AEEF6790B]
A room with so much detail I'm certain people won't notice half the detail - what do you guys think? It's a living space/cell for deranged religious fanatics.

Loving it, but the detailed room makes the corridor or whatever there is through that doorway look bland in comparison.
(03-09-2013, 10:49 PM)Robosprog Wrote: [ -> ]
Spoiler below!

[Image: 820FB75CE28A4562BAEF3A8AF8E6431AEEF6790B]

A room with so much detail I'm certain people won't notice half the detail - what do you guys think?

Challenge accepted! When you release this game, I shall make note of every decal and every particle you've put in every spot in every map :p

>.> Who am I kidding, I didn't see the key in the Archives in TDD... the one on the desk that's right in front of you.

Your maps are deliciously delightful morsels for the eyes!