Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Best SinglePlayer game I have ever played
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there guys!

I registered an account on this forum, just to have the pleasure to give you my seriously THANKS, because you give me the opportunity to play this GREAT game. I have enjoyed it since the first second!

Great sound!
Great environment, you really get absorded by it!
Great physics engine! LOVED that one.
Great graphics!
And its fuki*g scary!

I look forward to episode two! Is there any release date or something?
And again, you guys are just outstanding! Keep the excelent work!
Glad you liked it Smile

No date for Ep2 yet I am afraid.
I agree. A friend of mine recommended I buy the game as he new I liked survival horror games (resident evil, silent hill, eternal darkness). I must say, when playing alone in the house and with all the lights off with a desktop surround sound system, the game really got me immersed in the environment. It was almost as if i were right there in the mine, sharing the plight of Philip. The feasibility of the game - that fact that there could indeed be an abandoned mine somewhere that you could get stuck in - really helped make the game all the more believable. Not sure about the rockworms (but then again after seeing the movie Tremors, who knows! lol).

I found the fighting system to be very well done, which may go against the opinion of other gamers. I certainly whirled my mouse around frantically trying to kill the dogs! The physics are incredible - how everything interacts with everything else. The storyline works. I found it believable. I even felt a pang of remorse at the end scene (won't say for those of you who haven't gotten there). Bring on Episode II !!!

-heckish