Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Doing a Presentation on FG
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Okay... I have to do a English Presentation on something that interests me, so... What other than the great company that is Frictional Games.

It has to go on for about 5 minutes, I may be able to include the trailer (possibly a montage, have to check how much swearing is in it XD)

I'd like to add some really nice screenshots of some nice rooms and scary encounters of enemies etc. So if you guy could help me with finding some that would be great.

I'll mainly talk about Amnesia, as I know more about it than Penumbra. I have until the 9th January I believe to gather the information and be ready for it.

Any interesting facts/information that you think would be useful would be nice to know.

Cheers Smile
You should definitely talk about their Penumbra tech demo, which was originally made to show off the HPL1 Engine capabilities. Thanks to that demo they gathered their first fans!
I'll mention that Penumbra was FG's first successful project which helped develop a fan base for Amnesia which would then explode in terms of success and stuff like that.
Mention how they manage to invoke the player's emotions every time.

EVERY FUCKING TIME
I think the montage would have proved just that :3

Doubt it'll be allowed though... Says Fuck too much haha.
I would just:

1) Describe the history of the company:- When they started, what they do, where there from e.t.c

2) Then talk about what they did first (tech demo)

3) Talk about the games Penumbra (All 3 games and the plots behind them) and about Amnesia (plot e.t.c)

4) Then maybe do a little comparison on Penumbra and Amnesia.

5) If you have time, to make it more interesting for the people watching you, add some videos. Either include the game trailers with each game or at the end create a compilation video of people getting scared (from YouTube, if you have enough time) If not just use trailers for all 4 games. Also have images Tongue

Hope this helps.
Talk about the improvement in the engines.
Their money problems with the mac version.
and more to find on their blogs

Good luck
Is it for school?

I give you some hints:
- Describe the stories, but don't show game material of important things.
- Don't show the scariest parts.
- Explain why it is horror and what is different from all other (pseud) horror games. Why it is unique.
- Do the presentation with a laptop and show the game via beamer, then play some interesting parts (if legal).
- You should know more about Penumbra series, but not obligatiroc.
Yeah it is for school. Last year (woo Big Grin) and it's only going to be for about 5 minutes or so long so if I am going to include a video trailer or gameplay then it will have to a very short clip. I may have problems sending it via powerpoint too etc. so I think it may be best to just forget that for now. I can include a few pictures though.

I was planning to start off by saying what FG are, what they do and where etc. Then to discuss a little about Penumbra (storyline, graphics, gameplay, other...) and then spend a little more time on Amnesia (compare to Penumbra, talk about how successful it is) and future plans (as of now FG haven't announced anything new?)

I will make sure not to include spoilers. And I can't really talk about really technical game engine things either as I know my class wouldn't like it and they'd get pretty bored and lost by it. They're not as enthusiastic as me so it's best just to keep it it at a level where everyone can understand.

Thanks Smile
There's really no reason to compare penumbra between amnesia because they are the exact same games, only thing different is like few new gameplay mechanics (and some of them aren't even that great) and different time setting/locations and story.
Pages: 1 2