Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Redist
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have big problem i have purchased amnesia on steam, and somebody just say it's to put the custom story on the custom_stories folder. But some files they say need to be in redist, so they say i need to put it on the redist and all will be fine. But, when i do that doesn't the orginal settings removed because i add other map?

I USE MAC!

Hope you understand!
the "redist" folder on the mac for steam is located in your home folder under Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/amnesia the dark descent/. The custom stories folder is also there.. You can also get to that folder by clicking the "Open Custom Stories" button in the launcher (a nicety I added to the mac version).

now, as long as you don't overwrite files, it won't affect the original game (for the most part). but I do wonder what files they are wanting to add that they couldn't add into the custom_stories folder?? As nearly everything can go in the custom_stories folder without issue.
(12-13-2011, 07:11 PM)Urkle Wrote: [ -> ]the "redist" folder on the mac for steam is located in your home folder under Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/amnesia the dark descent/. The custom stories folder is also there.. You can also get to that folder by clicking the "Open Custom Stories" button in the launcher (a nicety I added to the mac version).

now, as long as you don't overwrite files, it won't affect the original game (for the most part). but I do wonder what files they are wanting to add that they couldn't add into the custom_stories folder?? As nearly everything can go in the custom_stories folder without issue.
Alright, thanks!