Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Please help! Problem with Maps and such
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My problem is that every time I launch Amnesia, it will get to the main menu, and not be able to continue the game from there. The cursor also leaves a trail behind it and after clicking on an option in the menu the menu remains. The screen goes black and then I get an error like "Could not load world file 'maps/main/00_rainy_hall.map'" I'm not exactly sure what the problem with the maps is nor can I resolve it. This is a relative new problem to my computer as I used to be able to play Amnesia without this problem. I have attempted to uninstall and reinstall Amnesia and it did not fix the problem. I know it is not my graphics card as I can play other games problem free, and I can even play the mod Justine. Please help as I will be forever grateful!

1. I have a 64-bit operating system
2. It is a laptop, specifically a Dell that runs Windows 7 Home Premium
I have also attached the hpl log and it mentions several errors
reinstall the game or do a file integrity check via steam
(12-17-2011, 10:54 AM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]reinstall the game or do a file integrity check via steam
I uninstalled it, and then re-installed it, but no fix.
Through steam I verified the integrity of the game cache and it said "All files successfully validated" with no change to the problem. Sad
try to run the game as an administrator or with Windows XP compatibility. It seems that it cannot find necessary files...