Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Moving a car
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to make a car move, like someone is driving it. I already converted a car custom model into an entity, but I wanted to know what is the right script to move it foward. Can someone help me?
Make the tires actually spinnable and use physics with prop force. Or just make the entity Movable object and use
SetMoveObjectState

But yeah I have no idea actually if they work properly, test around.
(12-19-2011, 07:44 PM)Khyrpa Wrote: [ -> ]Make the tires actually spinnable and use physics with prop force. Or just make the entity Movable object and use
SetMoveObjectState

But yeah I have no idea actually if they work properly, test around.
Haha ok im'na try

EDIT: I made 107 desactivated copies of the car so, now i can use the "setentityactive"...
It's gonna take a while. Starting now from car_1...
(12-19-2011, 08:00 PM)Victor Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: I made 107 desactivated copies of the car so, now i can use the "setentityactive"...
Eh what?
for loop gogo? Or asterix *?
(12-19-2011, 08:00 PM)Victor Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: I made 107 desactivated copies of the car so, now i can use the "setentityactive"...
O.o You crazy?? How many polygons does the car have? And is it a static object? did you give it mass? You only need one! and a few recurring "AddPropForce" functions...
(12-19-2011, 09:44 PM)Statyk Wrote: [ -> ]
O.o You crazy?? How many polygons does the car have? And is it a static object? did you give it mass? You only need one! and a few recurring "AddPropForce" functions...
I gave up... 'cause it was the car model of white night, but as an entity...

That car was a static object and I only used it in two places to give the feeling David was just got there. Seems like only a few people noticed it, but it was not meant to be used as an entity since it's a broken car. You'll need a better model for that.
The main question is;
Will the player touch/be in/get driven over by the car?

If not animation will provide the most natural looking movement.
(12-20-2011, 06:54 PM)Acies Wrote: [ -> ]The main question is;
Will the player touch/be in/get driven over by the car?

If not animation will provide the most natural looking movement.
Smart man... That wouldn't be hard AT ALL and just need a distance and perfectly matched "MovePlayerHeadPos" and that could be a very unique trick =]
I know it's a broken car, but I have like, no modeling skills AT ALL. The only thing I know how to do in 3d modeling softwares is a cube.
And I didn't know how to make the car move, since the wheels are not round.