Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Jumper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Dudes im looking for a Custom Story that just got Jumpers like Baldos ive already played that is there more Custom Stories like Baldos? if there is could u link it to me would like that alot.
House of creep?
http://www.moddb.com/games/amnesia-the-d...eme=&type= Big Grin

Try looking at the comments to determine their jumpescares.
Do we really need another one of these? :|
Those maps are talentless. Maps with jumpscares that make sense and don't make you freak out and break your leg are good, as long as they have monster scenes that are actually good. Maps with jumpscares, such as Baldos discovery, where jumpscares are like hammers flying in your face are not as good as the others.
I'm sorry but we aren't playing Amnesia for the jumpscares, we're playing it for the atmosphere, the feeling and of course some good monster parts. If we want jumpscares, then we'll just play some Nightmare House 2 or F.E.A.R.

Amnesia is survival horror, jumpscares are the exact opposite, but if you want to add some (only a few) jumpscares in an amnesia custom story, then i wont stop you.
(12-31-2011, 12:36 PM)BlueFury Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sorry but we aren't playing Amnesia for the jumpscares, we're playing it for the atmosphere, the feeling and of course some good monster parts. If we want jumpscares, then we'll just play some Nightmare House 2 or F.E.A.R.

Amnesia is survival horror, jumpscares are the exact opposite, but if you want to add some (only a few) jumpscares in an amnesia custom story, then i wont stop you.
I wouldn't say jump-scares are the exact opposite of Survival Horror. I would say they don't represent real fear; but they do work. 100's of jumpscares don't work in a map too well, but 3 or 4 placed in places that people don't expect (or even where people expect) can really keep people on their toes.

You may play Amnesia for the atmosphere, but don't get annoyed when someone else wants jumpscares in them.

(12-31-2011, 12:46 PM)flamez3 Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't say jump-scares are the exact opposite of Survival Horror. I would say they don't represent real fear; but they do work. 100's of jumpscares don't work in a map too well, but 3 or 4 placed in places that people don't expect (or even where people expect) can really keep people on their toes.

You may play Amnesia for the atmosphere, but don't get annoyed when someone else wants jumpscares in them.
I know, a jumpscare after a few parts without something before works perfectly, it works too when doing it during a monster part. I never told you that I'm annoyed, I'm just helping the user before he overuses it!
the reapers dungeon ch1 is a great one! ^^
(12-31-2011, 02:09 AM)flamez3 Wrote: [ -> ][url]http://www.moddb.com/games/amnesia-the-d...heme=&type=[/url] Big Grin

Try looking at the comments to determine their jumpescares.
i dont whant to sound like a noob...but how do you download from moddb?? .___.
Pages: 1 2