Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Model editor just doing it's own thing apparently!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Spoiler below!
[Image: modeleditorcansuckadick.png]

Both are reading the same DAE file, why is the model editor scaling it up by 5 billion or something and rotating it 90 degrees backwards, while the model viewer is reading it properly?
Because, believe it or not, the model editor is the one doing it properly, at least from my experience.
(12-21-2011, 04:55 AM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]Because, believe it or not, the model editor is the one doing it properly, at least from my experience.

Nope, the issue is definitely with the model editor.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3332789/Amnesia/MISC/uhmno.png

In Max.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3332789/Amnesia/MISC/itsnot.png

Loaded as a static object instead of an entity.
Try deleting the .msh file and importing it into the model editor again.
I had a similar issue/almost identical issue with a large "sky thing" I made. My guess is that:
1. Max exports with Z-axis as up
2. ModelEditor always wants "Y" as up and therefore rotates models to have Y up
3. That does somehow mess with the scaling of the model, x-y-z scaling swaps so x becomes y; z becomes x and so on. (At least when scaling in leveleditor)?

Setting Y as up should solve the rotation.

Scaling wise I'm unsure. It could be solved by simply setting Y as up. Another thing is that the "pivot point" of the model must also be located at 0,0,0 for it to properly scale once imported.

Good luck :>
(12-21-2011, 06:46 PM)Acies Wrote: [ -> ]I had a similar issue/almost identical issue with a large "sky thing" I made. My guess is that:
1. Max exports with Z-axis as up
2. ModelEditor always wants "Y" as up and therefore rotates models to have Y up
3. That does somehow mess with the scaling of the model, x-y-z scaling swaps so x becomes y; z becomes x and so on. (At least when scaling in leveleditor)?

Setting Y as up should solve the rotation.

Scaling wise I'm unsure. It could be solved by simply setting Y as up. Another thing is that the "pivot point" of the model must also be located at 0,0,0 for it to properly scale once imported.

Good luck :>

No dice.

It seems more like the model editor just can't read DAE Scaling information.

Regardless of what the exporter in max is set to scale it to (meters, inches, etc) they all come out the same size in the model editor. Also Y-up and Z-up don't seem to change anything, it comes out with the wrong orientation either way.

(12-21-2011, 10:12 AM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]Try deleting the .msh file and importing it into the model editor again.

Also no luck.
Right so I just deleted the entire folder and remade it, and it suddenly started working after changing nothing on the model, so uh dunno what happened there.

Anyway, new problem, I've set up the drawer joints and bodies and whatnot, I can open the drawers in the model editor test, but ingame no hand icon shows up and I can't grab them.

Help please!
Did you set the entity to be of type Object and subtype Slide?
(12-22-2011, 02:56 PM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]Did you set the entity to be of type Object and subtype Slide?

Worked, thanks a bunch.
OT: Can I have that background that you have on your PC? Big Grin
Pages: 1 2