Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Custom Music
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey, I was wondering if it is at all possible to have custom music in a mod, without turning it into a full conversion.
Yes, it is. The game normally resolves file paths automatically.
So all i would have to do is put the music into the /custom_stories/"customstoryname"/... Folder, and it would recognize the file in the code as in that path?
(12-29-2011, 06:43 AM)Tripication Wrote: [ -> ]So all i would have to do is put the music into the /custom_stories/"customstoryname"/... Folder, and it would recognize the file in the code as in that path?
Yes, I would put it in it's own folder named music or sounds. You would have to convert it to .ogg format as well as have the right script for the sound to played. Music doesn't require this script if I remember correctly.
(12-29-2011, 06:55 AM)flamez3 Wrote: [ -> ]Music doesn't require this script if I remember correctly.
Only if you don't want it to be played...

Question. Is it MUSIC? Or a SOUND?
Actually, i changed my mind. I kind of meed it to be played at a phonograph, so ill use sound...if its simple enough
(12-29-2011, 07:23 AM)Tripication Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, i changed my mind. I kind of meed it to be played at a phonograph, so ill use sound...if its simple enough
Make a text document. Copy the EXACT name of the sound and paste it as the name of the text document. Change the extension of the text document to a .snt Now insert this text into the document:

<SOUNDENTITY>
<SOUNDS>
<Main>
<Sound File="SOUND.ogg" />
</Main>
</SOUNDS>
<PROPERTIES Volume="1" MinDistance="12" MaxDistance="50" Random="1" Interval="0" FadeEnd="False" FadeStart="False" Stream="False" Loop="False" Use3D="True" Blockable="False" BlockVolumeMul="0.7" Priority="0" />
</SOUNDENTITY>

The bold part means the exact same name as the sound with the .ogg extension goes there. You should be find after that.
Thanks for that, worked perfectly Big Grin