Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Solved - Please remove
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Solved
(01-01-2012, 07:02 AM)eagledude4 Wrote: [ -> ]I placed a note and a key in a small chest, and am able to pick them up while testing the map, but they are invisible. What am I doing wrong?
What's invisible? How can you pick them up if the're invisible?
(01-01-2012, 07:02 AM)eagledude4 Wrote: [ -> ]I placed a note and a key in a small chest, and am able to pick them up while testing the map, but they are invisible. What am I doing wrong?

(01-01-2012, 08:31 AM)flamez3 Wrote: [ -> ]What's invisible? How can you pick them up if the're invisible?

The note and the key are invisible. I know where I placed them, so I just spam clicked around their locations

I was told by Statyk a while ago that the mesh on the chest is messed up so items have a tendnacy to fall through the bottom of it. To fix this simply check off "static physics" on the key and note and the problem should be fixed.
(01-01-2012, 07:16 PM)kman Wrote: [ -> ]I was told by Statyk a while ago that the mesh on the chest is messed up so items have a tendnacy to fall through the bottom of it. To fix this simply check off "static physics" on the key and note and the problem should be fixed.
^^^
What he said. lol The body on the mesh of the chest is lower than the mesh itself. The key and note fall through the mesh and land on the body, so it's hidden under the mesh of the chest.
Thank you both very much.