Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Own decals/Entities
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sry if this thread already excist but how can i make own entitis or decals?
I made a folder called entities in the custom story folder and i opened the including objects with the level editor but when I load the map again, theey aren't there...

I don't play amnesia on steam (maybe helpful)

Pls tell what i have important to do

THX
Check the Wiki
(01-03-2012, 11:57 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]Check the Wiki
thx but there isn't what i am searching for :c
To make your own entities you need to know modeling and then import what you make at Amnesia Model Editor. For decals you need to know painting and then import your work at Amnesia Decal Editor or similar.
(01-04-2012, 01:23 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]To make your own entities you need to know modeling and then import what you make at Amnesia Model Editor. For decals you need to know painting and then import your work at Amnesia Decal Editor or similar.
i know how to make models thx :>
the problem is oanly, they are deletet when i load my map againw here io have opened these entities
I don'y quite understand. Remember to save your work before exit?
(01-04-2012, 03:05 PM)plutomaniac Wrote: [ -> ]I don'y quite understand. Remember to save your work before exit?
yes i do,
and when i close the editor, open the editor, and open the map again, there is an error message and all entities in the cs folder are deleted
also when i play this map, they are away

in other custom stories they put their entities in his CS folder too...
what does the error message say? Maybe you are doing something wrong with your configuration. The guide on how to make the configuration work is at the Wiki by the way...
(01-03-2012, 04:26 PM)Skashi Wrote: [ -> ]Sry if this thread already excist but how can i make own entitis or decals?
I made a folder called entities in the custom story folder and i opened the including objects with the level editor but when I load the map again, theey aren't there...

I don't play amnesia on steam (maybe helpful)

Pls tell what i have important to do

THX

I don't know if you solved this already or not, but just in case, what you have to do is also put the entities you made in the root folder. So, you make a folder for them in the custom story but you also need to make a folder for them in the entities folder in the root folder for amnesia.

If you did solve it already maybe someone else will stumble upon this answer and it'll help them haha.