Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
(06-20-2012, 10:30 PM)Bridge Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously, if a Kaernk had ever been in an area where there was no water and you had to sneak past totally silent it would have topped everybody's list easily. It obviously isn't aquatic because it only walks on the water and it makes no real sense why they are only found in water other than because the game says so. I would have been scared as fuck. Without the ripples to see where it is, you could very well be walking right towards it without knowing… now that's horrifying.
If they were out of the water then there would be no way of detecting them, they're in water to give the player a chance. A totally invisible monster would perhaps be a bit unfair.

First time I encountered the Kaernk I just about died from fear. But due to my terrible jumping skills, fear gave way to frustration.
(06-23-2012, 10:27 PM)spukrian Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-20-2012, 10:30 PM)Bridge Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously, if a Kaernk had ever been in an area where there was no water and you had to sneak past totally silent it would have topped everybody's list easily. It obviously isn't aquatic because it only walks on the water and it makes no real sense why they are only found in water other than because the game says so. I would have been scared as fuck. Without the ripples to see where it is, you could very well be walking right towards it without knowing… now that's horrifying.
If they were out of the water then there would be no way of detecting them, they're in water to give the player a chance. A totally invisible monster would perhaps be a bit unfair.

First time I encountered the Kaernk I just about died from fear. But due to my terrible jumping skills, fear gave way to frustration.
That's when your running skills take place, when jumping fails. Now freezing the water would be good, then the Kaernk would be frozen solid!
(07-04-2012, 05:07 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: [ -> ]That's when your running skills take place, when jumping fails. Now freezing the water would be good, then the Kaernk would be frozen solid!
Hehe... can't run away if the timed gate already closed Wink

Freezing water would be cool but I assume it would very difficult to implement.
(07-04-2012, 11:52 PM)spukrian Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-04-2012, 05:07 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: [ -> ]That's when your running skills take place, when jumping fails. Now freezing the water would be good, then the Kaernk would be frozen solid!
Hehe... can't run away if the timed gate already closed Wink

Freezing water would be cool but I assume it would very difficult to implement.
Implementing Freezing would be difficult, so instead we would electrocute the water, this killing the Kaernk (assuming you are out of the water) Wink
Those fucking SPIDERS man. God I hated those things!
(07-05-2012, 02:03 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote: [ -> ]Those fucking SPIDERS man. God I hated those things!
Extremely annoying little bugs aren't they? Difficult to hit too! Makes you wish Phillip had a can of Bug Spray doesn't it?
Actually those things weren't just annoying. They horrified me and made me cry. They are the main reason why I am reluctant to play through penumbra again.
(07-05-2012, 03:14 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote: [ -> ]Actually those things weren't just annoying. They horrified me and made me cry. They are the main reason why I am reluctant to play through penumbra again.
Sorry to hear that. It should make you happy that Penumbra: Black Plague has 0% spiders (well, maybe 1 hallucination, but it is only 2 or so seconds). What's also good is that it sums up the first game in its intro.
Aha yeah, I just remembered that hallucination. I almost died in real life on that part. Dear lord I thought I was done with the little bastards. And yeah, black plague is much more worth playing than overture if you had to pick one ;p
(07-05-2012, 03:25 AM)Damascus Rose Wrote: [ -> ]Aha yeah, I just remembered that hallucination. I almost died in real life on that part. Dear lord I thought I was done with the little bastards. And yeah, black plague is much more worth playing than overture if you had to pick one ;p
I enjoyed both, though personally Black Plague made me more nervous than Overture. Requim, the Penumbra expansion pack, to me was more of an optional gameplay.

After playing Black PLague and Amnesia TDD, I've wondered what would happen if the Tuurngait/Clarnence and Alexander of Brennenburg Castle (and his forces) fought each other... who would win?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24