Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: What do you think is the #1 monster in the Frictional Games Penumbra & Amnesia?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Anything insect-like would do.

A long time ago I read a short story by Lovecraft with Mi-Go in it, but it was a long time ago and I don't remember much of it. Though how I imagined the Mi-Go is quite different form the pictures.
(07-13-2012, 05:07 PM)spukrian Wrote: [ -> ]Anything insect-like would do.

A long time ago I read a short story by Lovecraft with Mi-Go in it, but it was a long time ago and I don't remember much of it. Though how I imagined the Mi-Go is quite different form the pictures.
I haven't read any stories with the Mi-Go, and some of the cards in that game I disagree/not care for with the looks (at least the ones I know of). Cthulhu himself has a few variations of card pics and abilities; one card has a better ability, but the other makes him look better.

I did an image search and found a fan drawing of the Mi-Go that (according to his and other people's comments) closely matches Lovecraft's description of them. http://nathanrosario.deviantart.com/art/...-114974351 It seems they made their first appearance in "The whisperer in Darkness".

Update: Here's a better image with the actual quote of their appearance by Lovecraft as the User Comments.
http://cloister.deviantart.com/art/Mi-Go...-181124223
Brutes definitely freaked me out the most. terrifying sounds!
(07-13-2012, 05:43 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: [ -> ]I did an image search and found a fan drawing of the Mi-Go that (according to his and other people's comments) closely matches Lovecraft's description of them. http://nathanrosario.deviantart.com/art/...-114974351 It seems they made their first appearance in "The whisperer in Darkness".

Update: Here's a better image with the actual quote of their appearance by Lovecraft as the User Comments.
http://cloister.deviantart.com/art/Mi-Go...-181124223
Cool and very creepy pictures both of them. But they still don't really match the image in my head. Eh, if I could draw, I'd make a picture myself, but unfortunately I suck at drawing.

Actually, I checked my short story collection and it was actually Whisperer in the Darkness that I had read!
(07-14-2012, 12:08 PM)Baspower Wrote: [ -> ]Brutes definitely freaked me out the most. terrifying sounds!
They did a great job with them indeed!
I gotta say the brute. His noises are terrible, and it's hard knowing he can run so fast xD The Amnesia nightmares never stop ;_;
(07-21-2012, 03:59 AM)Losername Wrote: [ -> ]I gotta say the brute. His noises are terrible, and it's hard knowing he can run so fast xD The Amnesia nightmares never stop ;_;
Yeah, it's surprising at how fast they can move!
(07-21-2012, 05:32 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-21-2012, 03:59 AM)Losername Wrote: [ -> ]I gotta say the brute. His noises are terrible, and it's hard knowing he can run so fast xD The Amnesia nightmares never stop ;_;
yeah after all they got a metal blade on there arm, and alot of metal plates on them.
(08-13-2012, 09:47 AM)stoffangadd Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-21-2012, 05:32 PM)The Rock Worm Wrote: [ -> ]
yeah after all they got a metal blade on there arm, and alot of metal plates on them.
Makes you wonder, is the metal a light but strong material or did Alexander make these guys Olympic Athletes.
I think the most horrible monster imagined by Frictional - is you, player. At least in Penumbra: Overture and surely in Amnesia: the Dark Descent the further I progressed through the world game, the more I realized that I am myself - is the most scary monster here, who do not deserve any mercy and forgiveness.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24