Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Looking for "scare designers" for The Unforgiven
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Danthaman here! Due to the extreme positive response for the unforgiven demo, I am looking for some people with good intellect in the workings of horror to help think of good scares for the story. Due to the massive scale, having more than one brain attached would be good for quality control. Note that this doesn't mean you will be DESIGNING scares, just coming up with the ideas based on the game story and level design (you can help design the scares if you would like, though. This doesn't mean I won't allow you to script, simply that I won't force you to for helping me). Reply if interested!

Story thread: http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-9560.html
I am interested in helping you, I have played horror games my whole life, and I know what qualifies as a good scare.
I am also able to help you by being a voice actor, I have a $100 dollar EarForce Turtle beaches that insure my voice will be hear able and crisp, Not to mention I took acting classes.
I think you should change your title on this thread. I thought I was going to help out with designing the scares but whoops, i can only help in designing levels or story. So based on that best to change your title so people don't get the wrong idea, like i did. Just wanted to point that out.
play the most horrifying sounds you can find, abruptly throughout a map, and at the end have a.. well, custom textured monster perhaps? ^^
(01-06-2012, 09:13 AM)jssjr90 Wrote: [ -> ]I think you should change your title on this thread. I thought I was going to help out with designing the scares but whoops, i can only help in designing levels or story. So based on that best to change your title so people don't get the wrong idea, like i did. Just wanted to point that out.
Lol yeah I didn't make that clear. You can script if you would like, I just didn't want people to think they had to. You can join in and simply give ideas instead of having to do the dirty work at the same time.
I would love to help you, Im a person that has a "scary mind" And im coming up with scary things by just looking out the window, I can script and map so i can make you a quick "CS" with a siple map explaining the scares, and i have played Scary games my whole life. My 1st "scary game" was Doom 2. And ever since then, Ive been more and more facinated by how much the human mind can come up with! So im up if you would.
I've made PewDiePies Nightmare 1 and 2 (yes i know, Im a PewDie fan, But they say that the scares are "awesome" in my stories) And i know that the scares in my Custom Stories is reeeealy simple, But im developing a new CS that is called Dark Creeps, And the Testers said they had Goose Bombs the whole 1st and 2nd map. And the scares in Dark Creeps is'nt Pop-Ups, They are more "longer" scares. So i think im a guy for this kind of job! Big Grin

EDIT: And BTW, i have Razer Carcharias which is a great headset with a Real Quality mic, So if im going to make sounds, I am Crystal Clear.