Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: How did you guys find out about Amnesia and/or Penumbra ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
As the title says and yes, this may be a very pointless topic. But I'm just wondering.

I found it by videos made by Bioshroom
You should check him out on YouTube.
The very popular video of the Storage, by D****B****. I hope you can figure out his name by that, haha.
At first a friend's friend showed me Amnesia's official trailer. I was interested in it already back then, but I forgot it for some time. I rarely get excited because of new games nowadays since most of them are just boring. Or I've become a picky little whiner who wants more from a game than neat graphics.

Then I noticed an Amnesia meme in DA made by an artist I'm watching. She managed to make it look both scary and fun at the same time. And then I bumped into the WHAT THE F**K video which was the last thing that made me try the demo. While playing it I was so happy: the first horror game ever I could actually play. My aiming and combat skills - even in games - are just really crappy so sneaking, hiding and running were like a true calling. Big Grin

After beating the demo I bought the game. When I had played Amnesia I started to look for more info about Frictional Games. Found out they had made other games as well called Penumbras. Bought them right away and haven't regretted.
Back a long time ago, i was on snowboard vacation in France. One of the guys from my hotel had this game magazine called "gunk". There was a preview of penumbra overture inside, and it immediately got my attention. Back at home I bought it right away!
In 2006 or 2007 I was Googling for new free games and I came across Penumbra Tech Demo.

After playing it, I was interested to see if it was all there was to it and joined these forums to find out that Frictional Games was working on Overture.
Quote:The very popular video of the Storage,
"Oh shit, i have a big of Milky Ways, AAHHHHh"

^ Classic

The first time I had heard about this game was from an old RuneScape Vlogger I used to watch (Gross Gore) I couple of times he had mentioned the game and said how scary it was but I never really thought much about getting it at first. Then I got more interested when I seen the words "Omg u must play Amnesia dude" on articles/videos discussing peoples scariest games. From then on I knew I had to get this game.
OverTheGun HTSF.
The Humble Indie Bundle.
I saw S0nich's Penumbra review and the gameplay reminded me of Thief II.
Pages: 1 2 3 4