Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: How can I kill the LAG?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have HUGE problems. Everytime i enter a new area and if it lags it haves enemy's in it. When i'm fithing something i get a huge lag attack and i take maybe 20min to kill a dog... graphics are low and the same, graphics in high the same. Got any suggestions?

My specs

Processor: 3.0GHz
Pentium 4.2
Graphic Card: Nvidia GForce 6200 TurboCache 256mb
RAM: 1GB
Try turning off motion blur if you haven't already. It seems to take a large toll on frame rates depending on where you are.
motion blur is off and it still lags like always. Any other ideias?
Hmmm, is your FPS low, or is it stuttering. Also, what is your normal FPS compared to your laggy FPS. I am assuming that when you say lag, you mean low fps, since if it lags @ a high FPS, that would be something entirely different.
My problem is this: when i enter the game thee are no lags its perfect!! I start the game and its great! But when a dog appears everything starts getting slow! And when i'm being attacked its like seeing photos passing. When i hear the dog attacking it appears to me the dog on the ground and when i swing the axe it doesnt appear moving. Just looks like i'm seeing a photoshow with sound. This is what i call lag. Strange i have games with much better graphics and efects and they are not laggy and penumbra just gets realy slow!!!!!

When i fight on penumbra i'm seeing a photoshow, but when i kill the dog passed maybe 20min(of killing the dog), it goes back to normal.
I really need help on this Sad

EDITED: This vid shows how i play penumbra with no monsters.(it lags more on the vid because of the sfotware that was recording.) SPOILER VID: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23HAldnFLjA
I just reduced the texture quality to low and turn off the shadows and the game got much better!! But when i enterd one of those doors where u have to open and eletrical gate to reach them it still lags when i fight with the dogs but its much more better then it used to be!
But textures are all crappy looking. Oh well...i need a new computer i guessSmile
Sorry problem not solved at all!!! When i go and start playing again its all laggy like it was!!!!!!!

Ideias people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Eragon Wrote:Sorry problem not solved at all!!! When i go and start playing again its all laggy like it was!!!!!!!

Ideias people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to your video settings (for penumbra)
Set resolution to the one lower than 800x600 (there's a lower one)
This really improves my performance.
well i did that...and its getting better, but still with lots of lag.
i'm still waiting for my rescue-team
have you reduced your shader quality? (note: setting it on lowest removes shadows)