Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: BSOD in Amnesia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
I am having a big problem with the amnesia. When I launch the amnesia.exe, the screen goes blue
and says that:

A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer
BAD_POOL_HEADER

I have a ATI HD 4650 1GB DDR2 on a windows XP and amnesia is the only game that crashes... I have Dead Space 2, Fear 3, COD MW3, and i run them on the max settings... I have already tried a lot of things, even the troubleshooting guides and nothing works Sad . Can anybody help me? I really wanted to play this game...

Sorry if I typed anything wrong, I am brasillian and I don't talk english fluently.
BAD_POOL_HEADER sounds like low paged pool RAM, but I can't see that causing the problem with you having 1 GB of RAM on your Video Card. Have you tried updating your sound card drivers, and your video card drivers?
Yes, my drivers are all updated, I think might be something to do with the OpenGL...
Attach me the dump file found under C:\Windows\Minidump folder. I should then be able to analyze it and tell you where the problem is.
Fine, here it is Smile
Report(check google for answers, it is definitely not Amnesia's fault):

This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys
Bugcheck code: 0x19 (0x20, 0xFFFFFFFFE1A2ACD0, 0xFFFFFFFFE1A2AD48, 0xC0F0601)
Error: BAD_POOL_HEADER
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32k.sys
product: Microsoft® Windows®
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Multi-User Win32 Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a pool header is corrupt.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. This might be a case of memory corruption. More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers, not because of faulty RAM modules.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.
I will try to uninstall my graphics card drivers, run the driver sweeper and install again. I reply if it works
You need to search google but you can also try clearing the virtual memory: http://www.howtofixbluescreenofdeath.com...ue-screen/
I uninstalled my graphics card drivers, ran the driver sweeper and install again the drivers again, now the game is working perfectly!!
Thanks xD