Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Level editor crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When i move the level editor window or minimize it it crashes with this error:

LevelEditor.exe caused an EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION in module ig4icd32.dll at 0023:04C3FE67, ShInitialize()+4591895 byte(s)

So i googled the error and found out that it crashes because of intel graphics card, well the problem is that it seems that i have 2 graphics cards in my laptop: Intel® HD Graphics Family and NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M.

How can i set the level editor to use the NVIDIA card and not the Intel card?

My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit and my laptop is Packard Bell EasyNote TS.
ry launching the amnesia game on your nvidea graphics card and then it might change the settings on the level editor
It already launches amnesia with the NVIDIA card.
I have the same configuration (Intel HD + Nvidia 540M) and the game should always run with the nvidia one card. Otherwise, right click amnesia and select to run it with the dedicated nvidia card.
Yeah amnesia game runs with the NVIDIA card, but the level editor chooses the intel card.

Also how can i select to run with NVIDIA card? I can't seem to find anything like that.
if you have Nvidia Optimus, you can right click any exe to select with which gpu to run it with. The same goes to the LevelEditor.
Ok i got it working now. I just had to add level editor to NVIDIA control panel.