Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Explain float afAmount and etc...?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So a part of my script is StartScreenShake(float afAmount, float afTime, float afFadeInTime, float afFadeOutTime)

Can someone explain how to write the numbers? Like for float afAmount say I want it to shake like an explosion...what is the best number to put? There is a cave in so what would be the appropriate amount? Thanks.
Floats are normally 32-bit decimals (if that confuses you, then just drop the "32-bit" adjective), though it is perfectly fine to use integers too. The best amount is up to you. Note, though, if you don't place an "f" at the end of a decimal number, the script will first consider it a double (a 64-bit float, which uses more memory than a float).

PHP Code:
float num 0.0f;
num 5.1233045f;
num 10
(01-10-2012, 12:33 AM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]Floats are normally 32-bit decimals (if that confuses you, then just drop the "32-bit" adjective), though it is perfectly fine to use integers too. The best amount is up to you. Note, though, if you don't place an "f" at the end of a decimal number, the script will first consider it a double (a 64-bit float, which uses more memory than a float).

PHP Code:
float num 0.0f;
num 5.1233045f;
num 10
How are these numbers then?

StartScreenShake(10, 5, 3, 3);

I want it to start as soon as he hits the area, last for about 10 seconds, and then fade out.
floatAmount is how much the screen shake. Make that around a 2.
floatafTime make that around 10.0f
floatFadeTime would be like 0.5f
FloatFadeOutTime would be 10.0f

If you want to make it fade out. Use FadeOut(10.0f);

Aswell

(01-10-2012, 01:11 AM)flamez3 Wrote: [ -> ]floatAmount is how much the screen shake. Make that around a 2.
FloatFadeOutTime would be 10.0f

Aswell

(01-10-2012, 01:11 AM)flamez3 Wrote: [ -> ]floatAmount is how much the screen shake. Make that around a 2.
FloatFadeOutTime would be 1.0f

Aswell
Perfect, thank you very much!