Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: In the light or in the dark? What's your play choice?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
In the dark with headphones really does give you the amnesia experience you deserve Wink

I did the whole game and the first few mods like this and it was amazing! I can't be bothered to do it any more as all the mods I have left now seem to be about half hour long and it's hard to build up the atmosphere in that time Sad

But seriously, I wouldn't say it makes it any scarier as such, it just absorbs you into the game/atmosphere much more.

What I don't recommend is playing with headphones with the volume right up; man did I have a heard attack XD
(01-14-2012, 12:54 AM)Gasjockey Wrote: [ -> ]Why, the dark, obviously. I see no point in playing Amnesia in the light.
100% Agree
I played it in the dark + headset + at midnight.

After 20 minutes of playing like that I took off my headset and lighted it up a little. Then continued. I'm scared Sad
When the game was first released I waited 'till sun went down and then fired the game up. So, I'd say that in the dark.
I mostly play in the dark, but on really terrifying parts I need the lights to be on. Big Grin
Maybe a poll would be cool to have an overall view.
The dark is a little more creepier but all and all it is not that big of a deal.
I've always played it in the dark, but last night I tried playing by candlelight and found that it really added to the creepy ambiance.
In the dark, with a candle as my only light source. Headphones and some peanuts (Just to add to effect of going insane, as it sounds like Daniel is eating something)
At night, with headphones, without any light...

( ...with a lot of cigarettes and coffee Tongue )
At the dawn Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3