Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [Overture] Stuck in the water cave (spider issue)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi I am stuck in the part where I need to run from the spiders as I use the pick ax go thu the rock but they are too fast I cannot kill them off and I need help. I will show you here...

[video=youtube]http://youtu.be/7S13HvB68TQ[/video]

please help Big Grin
At about 18 seconds you see a rock pillar holding up the ceiling. Destroy this pillar before heading to the breakable wall section. If done right, you will be able to avoid the rocks and not have to worry about the spiders (as the falling ceiling is dealing with them).
Thanks wow I feel dumb lol what ever the case I made it Big Grin I am not sure how much longer the game is though...
(01-16-2012, 02:50 AM)darkely Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks wow I feel dumb lol what ever the case I made it Big Grin I am not sure how much longer the game is though...
I'm sure you will enjoy it no matter how much you have left. I have an idea of where you are in the story, but I can't say anything... I don't want to spoil anything Tongue .

How are you enjoying Penumbra: Overture so far? How does it compare (in your opinion) to Amnesia? Note: Overture is part 1 of the tale, it concludes in Black Plague.
The game is good all in all. Due to the fact that the game is older then Amnesia it is a little bit of a down grade but the atmosphere is very good I wish that the graphics were more Amnesia like the story is good too but I did find out a part of the ending because I wanted to skip Overture but now I want to finish it already :p to get it over with. Right now Daniel (I might be getting confused with Amnesia but idk) is complaining that he still needs to find a key (I already got the gas can). Also do you use any IM'ing clients like msn so we can chat in real time? if you want to tell me I would like to.
(01-16-2012, 03:39 AM)darkely Wrote: [ -> ]The game is good all in all. Due to the fact that the game is older then Amnesia it is a little bit of a down grade but the atmosphere is very good I wish that the graphics were more Amnesia like the story is good too but I did find out a part of the ending because I wanted to skip Overture but now I want to finish it already :p to get it over with. Right now Daniel (I might be getting confused with Amnesia but idk) is complaining that he still needs to find a key (I already got the gas can). Also do you use any IM'ing clients like msn so we can chat in real time? if you want to tell me I would like to.
Sorry, I don't have IM'ing stuff on my PC. It's good that you have the gas can, but now you need that key to find. Look around any/all areas to try and find it. I know what you are nearing, it happens to be a favorite part of mine, but I can't say where/when/ or what it is yet Big Grin .

I am glad you are enjoying the game. There are features in Amnesia that would have been nice in Penumbra... though Daniel would have loved Phillip's glow stick Wink

(01-16-2012, 04:00 AM)The Rock Worm Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2012, 03:39 AM)darkely Wrote: [ -> ]The game is good all in all. Due to the fact that the game is older then Amnesia it is a little bit of a down grade but the atmosphere is very good I wish that the graphics were more Amnesia like the story is good too but I did find out a part of the ending because I wanted to skip Overture but now I want to finish it already :p to get it over with. Right now Daniel (I might be getting confused with Amnesia but idk) is complaining that he still needs to find a key (I already got the gas can). Also do you use any IM'ing clients like msn so we can chat in real time? if you want to tell me I would like to.
Sorry, I don't have IM'ing stuff on my PC. It's good that you have the gas can, but now you need that key to find. Look around any/all areas to try and find it. I know what you are nearing, it happens to be a favorite part of mine, but I can't say where/when/ or what it is yet Big Grin .

I am glad you are enjoying the game. There are features in Amnesia that would have been nice in Penumbra... though Daniel would have loved Phillip's glow stick
Its ok I don't mind Big Grin. Since the thread is now closed technically I sent you a private message - this game is some what confusing... oh and I agree I keep forgetting the Daniel is in medieval castle :p I took you're smiley out of the quote because it would not let me reply lol

(01-16-2012, 04:14 AM)darkely Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2012, 04:00 AM)The Rock Worm Wrote: [ -> ]

I am glad you are enjoying the game. There are features in Amnesia that would have been nice in Penumbra... though Daniel would have loved Phillip's glow stick
Its ok I don't mind Big Grin. Since the thread is now closed technically I sent you a private message - this game is some what confusing... oh and I agree I keep forgetting the Daniel is in medieval castle :p I took you're smiley out of the quote because it would not let me reply lol
The puzzles in Penumbra are trickier than Amnesia's, but still both are fun. When I first played Penumbra, it felt like all this could be possible... the game (even with it having less coding than Amnesia) is still life-like. I responded to you message, so I hope it helps.