Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Can't pickup cotton string
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all,

I've been playing the game for a bit so far and I reached a point in the underground tunnels where I had no idea how to light the fuse on the TNT tanks. After about an hour of trial and error I was forced to look at a walkthrough that said you have to pick up the cotton string in the work room. However, when I would have my cursor on the cotton string box before, all I got was an observe eye. I couldn't take it, even in interact mode.

Does anyone else have this weird glitch? If anyone knows what I'm doing wrong please tell; I can't get further without it.

Also, for a last resort, is there any way to edit the .sav files so that you change your inventory?
You need to pick the Explosive's Book in Office so that you know you need the cotton string Wink

Not a bug so moving to hints.
Yeah, you need to know you need things before you get them, why'd Philip want to pick up a cotton string any dog could have had peep on without needing to do so?
Common problem.
Ha, thanks a lot. I'll try not to give up so easily next time.