Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: how do i make a "Poofer" ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
how do i make a Poofer? a monster that fades into dust when close? Heart
click the monster in the LVL editor, go to the entity tab and click hallucination tickbox or something, then you can edit the distance of how close it has to be to "poof"

100 post masterrace btw
What about if i want to use a script to do this? Like make the grunt spawn, run at the player and then *POOF* after picking up an item, such as a key name "bedroom_key"?

(03-10-2012, 01:19 AM)DaAinGame Wrote: [ -> ]What about if i want to use a script to do this? Like make the grunt spawn, run at the player and then *POOF* after picking up an item, such as a key name "bedroom_key"?

SetEnemyIsHallucination: http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn...ns#enemies
(03-10-2012, 01:32 AM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]SetEnemyIsHallucination: http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn...ns#enemies
What he said ^^
I would recommend setting the distance to 2 or 3 since 1 is preeeeetty damn close.. lol, and it might not poof away. Happened to me, haha

(03-10-2012, 08:18 AM)Saren Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2012, 01:32 AM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]SetEnemyIsHallucination: http://wiki.frictionalgames.com/hpl2/amn...ns#enemies
What he said ^^
I would recommend setting the distance to 2 or 3 since 1 is preeeeetty damn close.. lol, and it might not poof away. Happened to me, haha
1 is the players size, so he has to be in the player.
I want use this script: void SetEnemyIsHallucination(string& asName, bool abX);

But I don't know what is "string& asName" (It must be "Player" or enemy name?)
"bool abx" is the distance, I know. In quotes I just must to write number?

Or, simpler, can you write a example of this script for me? Thanks Big Grin
(08-20-2014, 04:52 PM)giacomo9 Wrote: [ -> ]I want use this script: void SetEnemyIsHallucination(string& asName, bool abX);

But I don't know what is "string& asName" (It must be "Player" or enemy name?)
"bool abx" is the distance, I know. In quotes I just must to write number?

Or, simpler, can you write a example of this script for me? Thanks Big Grin

You could of just make a new thread.

Spoiler below!

void SetEnemyIsHallucination(string& asName, bool abX);
asName - Internal name (enemy name)
abX - Should the enemy be a hallucination or not

String would be monster name.
Bool is always true or false. Things like Int and Float are numbers.

SetEnemyIsHallucination("monstername", true);

As for distance where it vanishes, I have no idea how that's calculated with this script. My guess is that as soon as the monster is triggered to be a hallucination it would vanish wherever it is. Without testing though I don't know.
(08-20-2014, 05:24 PM)burge4150 Wrote: [ -> ]String would be monster name.
Bool is always true or false. Things like Int and Float are numbers.

SetEnemyIsHallucination("monstername", true);

As for distance where it vanishes, I have no idea how that's calculated with this script. My guess is that as soon as the monster is triggered to be a hallucination it would vanish wherever it is. Without testing though I don't know.

NECROOOOOO!

To make it easier, you can tick this in the editor. Just go to the monster properties and tick "Hallucination". This is also where you can specify the actual distance from you to the monster where it would disappear.
Pages: 1 2