Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Black Texture Bug (Black Plague)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I recently got Penumbra: The Black Plague on Steam and started it up, right when I get up in the first room I noticed that some of the textures (the papers, pipes on the wall and trash can lid on the floor) were just black, I could see the textures fine at a certain distance/angle, but they were still just black. So I exited out of the game, installed all the most recent patches/updates, and the textures are still the same as before.

Can someone please help me with this? I've just finished Amnesia and found it to be an amazing game so now I want to play Penumbra.

Edit: I play on Windows 7 64 Bit with an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650 graphics card if that helps.
are your graphics card drivers fully updated(catalyst 11.12 )?
Installed all of the updates and whatnot from that website, still the same thing is happening. If I put the graphics on high the textures begin to freak the hell out, and if I play on low it does the same thing as I mentiond in the OP.
Bump, I deleted and reinstalled Penumbra and it still does the same thing, is there anything I can do or did I just waste $10?
if it is from steam do a file integrity check. Also, mess around with the graphics settings. Something will make it work correctly.
Try to put the shader resolution in low. It works for my notebook.
(01-27-2012, 01:25 AM)HollowRiku13 Wrote: [ -> ]Try to put the shader resolution in low. It works for my notebook.

when i put the shader any higher than very low all of the textures start bugging the hell out, and when I put it on very low there's the black textures.