Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Sony Vaio Crash while Launching
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear game support crew,

I have a:
Sony Vaio VPCEG16FM
Graphics: Intel HD 3000 (Fully updated using "Have disk" method a few times)

And what happens is I get the pleasure of reading the messages when first launching the game, then I get to the loading screen and it crashes. Usually the Black Box doesn't even show up.

My hpl is attached.

Kind Regards.
The drivers probably have not been updated properly, there are a lot of errors in the log indicating something is wrong with the driver installation.
OK so I rolled back the driver to the previous version and the game worked except I had the "tiny white dot problem." This made me come look at the forums again and the apparent solution was update it again.

So I did the "have disk" method once again from Intel.com (version 2509) and then I was back to the first error. Maybe Intel made a terrible new driver.

One thing I must note is that everytime I install the new driver, after restart, there are security warnings asking if it's okay to run igfxtray.exe and hkcmd.exe

hpl is still the same.
Sounds like the installation of the drivers are not done properly, it should not give security warnings like that. Could be a permission problem with the user or file system.
To anyone else with this problem:

Uncheck the box for "always ask to run this program." Basically, it will then always give them permission. It works afterwards.

I bought your game, it's excellent. Good job.
you need to fully uninstall the old VAIO drivers and then use the have disk method again.