Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Set Block Box Active
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I was wondering if its possible to use the "SetEntityActive" func on a block box.

It worked when I tested so I think that its possibleSmile
(01-24-2012, 04:02 PM)Unearthlybrutal Wrote: [ -> ]It worked when I tested so I think that its possibleSmile

Do you think it could be something with the fact that I use the "block_box_nonchar.ent" and not the "block_box.ent"
The usual block box blocks the player, nonchar blocks the entity
(01-24-2012, 04:10 PM)Unearthlybrutal Wrote: [ -> ]The usual block box blocks the player, nonchar blocks the entity
Then its the nonchar im having problems with. I am trying to block entities and I want to disable it when I use a lever. But the setentity doesnt work for it I believe. Maybe there is another func to disable block boxes
try this, tbh i've never touched the command and have no idea what it does.

SetPropActiveAndFade(string& asName, bool abActive, float afFadeTime);

Activates/deactivates a prop.
asName - internal name
abActive - nothing to add
afFadeTime - time in seconds until prop fully fades

But its worth a shot i guess
Block Box can use SetEntityActive.
Just got back from basket. Gonna try the function Trip provided me.

Flamez3, the block box can but I am not sure if the block box nonchar can.

EDIT: Didn't work. Thanks for the idea though. Guess I'll have to find a other way then. Thanks for all the answears anyway!
Yes they work. I've used SetEntityActive on nonchar block boxes before. Delete map cache, check naming, use debug messages to make sure your script is working. The usual.