Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: What other scary games are there? (for PC)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
So I make youtube videos (check them out in my signature) and all I basically do is just Amnesia. I want to play something else that is also scary. Do you have any suggestion on some good scary games that I should play? Nothing frictional games related though.
Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason (Weirdest game you'll ever play, also unique and very philosophical, not to mention piss scary)
Condemned: Criminal Origins (Gritty and rather realistic, also holds many famous scares)
Penumbra Series (obviously)
Dark Fall: Lost Souls (puzzles where made by someone who'd done too many drugs, and plot went out the window towards the ending. But scary as shit point n' click game nontheless)
System Shock 2 (Outdated in some parts, and some of the intended scares I found hilarious, but creepy as shit and memorable plot)

Mods:
Nightmare House 2 (Great horror mod, not without it's problems, but fantastic nontheless)
Afraid of Monsters: Director's Cut (AI is retarded, but amazing mod and very scary.
Thief: Deadly Shadows, Shalebridge Cradle mission. I'll never get used to that place.
Oh my god.YES!ThiefBig Grineadly shadows had many many scary places and the game overall was eerie and had amazing atmosphere.
all right, let me check these out. I've played penumbra and condemned 2: Blood Shot on the ps3. But I still want to play the first one. And the other games you guys hav mentioned I have never even heard of, but I'll look them up and see what I like!
Doom 3, Dead Space (both).

S.T.A.L.K.E.R has horror elements, but most people dismiss it as a action/rpg.

My personal favorite though is Return to Castle Wolfenstein. God, I'll never get over that game.
Ah yes, RTCW was a game to remember.
Others love it, others hate it: Dead Space (series).
Bioshock 1 is pretty scary, one of my favourite games.
I've played Dead Space 1 and 2 already. I've also played Bioshock 1 and 2, and I can't wait for infinite to come out! I've also played doom 3 but never exactly beat it since that was like 3 years ago. All the other games I haven't tried yet.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5