Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Copyrights Youtube.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear frictional games,

I'm here to ask you guys about the copyrights for a video on youtube.
My question is: Can we post some penumbra overture videos with dutch commantaries on our youtube channel.

Greetings,

Dylan Spruit
RealDutchGaming

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/RealDutchGaming
I'm not part of FG but from what I've heard they really have no problem with it. A lot of other people have made Lets Plays of their games before. I think it helps them really, with getting people more aware of their games etc.
From what I know, game devs do not mind on posting videos of their game on youtube. According to the law, any game company could go up to anyone and say "hey RealDutchGaming" or "Hey LHudson" or "Hey Machinima" and tell them to remove their material. But they don't because by us posting videos of our gaming experiences, we have essentially given devs and publishers free advertisements which is priceless to the devs. Amnesia got really popular because if this (via a trip to the bag of milky ways).
(01-29-2012, 04:12 AM)LHudson Wrote: [ -> ]From what I know, game devs do not mind on posting videos of their game on youtube. According to the law, any game company could go up to anyone and say "hey RealDutchGaming" or "Hey LHudson" or "Hey Machinima" and tell them to remove their material. But they don't because by us posting videos of our gaming experiences, we have essentially given devs and publishers free advertisements which is priceless to the devs. Amnesia got really popular because if this (via a trip to the bag of milky ways).

Funny thing, the milky ways video and Jenomorph made me buy Amnesia Big Grin
@XxRoCkBaNdMaNxX
I loled very hard, by grimblehead! xD

@Topic
Don't worry! ^^
There are so many Reactions and Let's Plays on YouTube. There will be no problem...
Yes you can.
If someone is going to put copyright claim on your video, I can assure you it's no one from Frictional Games team.