Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Killing the worm
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possibe to kill the worm in the overture episode. I saw a video of someone knocking out a worm, so is it possible to kill one. If not, maybe there should be a patch in which if you throw a dynamite in the things mouth and it will die.
In Black Plague? Yes. In Overture? I don't think so. However, I'd love to stand corrected, seeing as it would be nice to kill one of them.

Edit: Haha, not sure if you've seen this, but it looks like someone DID try to throw dynamite into its mouth (and a traffic cone, too).
Think there was only 1 worm in Overture, I guess you kinda kill it during the game with the chase scene.

The video with the worm, how did it even spawn there? I don't remember a worm being there, unless I'm thinking of the wrong area. Is that the part where you go through the spider nest, hit a button and run back before the door closes?
It is a very interesting idea of an exploding worm, due to dynamite in his body! xD
In Overture are more than one worm. I didn't know exactly how much worms there are, but I remember two.
And yes, I think I could make a patch to kill a worm (as I made it to kill the infected).
But I don't know if it works, I've no time to test it now.
Use this patch only for fun!

http://www.file-upload.net/download-4083...ll.7z.html

I tried it. No errors, but still didn't kill it. threw 2 dynamite, 2 explosive pressurized canisters and 1000 hits with a barrel still didn't do it.
Then the worm only can be killed by gameplay story.
Not by weapons or explosions.
I think, the game mechanics is programmed to let him die when he should.
I remember in Black Plague I think, you throw a switch and electricity flies out of a box in the same room and it kills the worm. then you find a random hand on the ground haha