Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: MY REVIEW OF PENUMBRA...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thank you Luis! Smile Now I can read it too and my eyes are not hurting. Tongue

Well, I agree with few parts. I agree with that Developers should not add any guns!
But I don't agree with that they should not add any new monsters.
It gets bored if EVERY Episode includes only Dogs and Spiders and that Worm. No way!
Scraper Wrote:It gets bored if EVERY Episode includes only Dogs and Spiders and that Worm. No way!

Indeed
hopefully, in addition to, we will see new monsters, and more puzzles, new things.
Hopefully, yes!
Jeremy-Bailey Wrote:do you suppose caps are harder to read because we're not use to seeing too many letters in cap, that our mind slows down just a tad bit more? or is it just me? not slow slow, but maybe a hair slower?

As a trained typographer Smile I can definitively say: ALL-CAPS IS HARDER TO READ BECASUE OF THE LACK OF VERIETY IN THE LETTERS. Most of them are based on full-height vertical lines, and subconsciously you have to take longer to tell which letter is which. You will have the same difficulty if you take the regular mix of upper/lower-case letters and stretch them vertically too much.

And to the OP review: as a hard-core fps addict, I missed my guns in this game. Sad but I agree that run-and-gun monster-fighting games are a dime-a-dozen, so what this game lacks in aggressiveness it makes up for in personality - I guess adding guns would be a bad idea for that reason. I do definitely think ep2 needs more variety in the enemies tho - at lease 4-5 species, as opposed to the previous 2. And I would like to see more weapons, just for variety, even if they aren't the kind that go boom (would more incendiaries be a decent compromise?). Tongue
Pages: 1 2