Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: [Setting up Development] Don't quite understand.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hiya!

When setting up a developer enviroment:
6. In user_settings.cfg, inside the Map element set Folder=”“ to the root folder for your maps (eg Folder=“MyMaps/”), this folder MUST be located inside the maps folder in the game directory (where you put the tools).

Question 1:
I don't understand what folders name it should be. I've tried "maps", and the name of my custom story and I'm not sure what one it should be?

Question 2:
Also I hope this is not a very obvious answer type of question, but I was wondering when you have done that and open amnesia, then you enter the dev_user mode instantly. How do you change back if you just want to play the game? Do you have to re-edit or paste in a backup of the "main_settings.cfg" file to open amnesia normally?
You can skip steps 6 and 7.

For main_settings.cfg, try leaving DefaultProfileName without a value.
I skipped steps 6 and 7, aka leaving no valvue in the Folder="" and MapFile="".
Now I just get an simple "Error!" when running amnesia ; o

Also left DefaultProfileName without a valvue. I'll try put it back on too see if that works. But I wonder if it needs a map to go too.
What's the error?

Mine are left blank, and it doesn't crash the game.
Here's the error:
[Image: errorlp.png]

And also I've added the .cfg files as attachement.

[EDIT: I probably did something very obvious stupid, but I can't seem to figure out so : p]
lol In the mean time, also post the hpl.log found at Documents/Amensia/Main.

EDIT:

user_settings.cfg has special characters for the quotation marks of AllowQuickSave.
Still getting error :/ and here is the hpl.log.

Also off-topic. My pinkie senses are tingeling <.<
hpl.log doesn't provide any useful information. Try deleting main_settings.cfg and the dev_user folder, and try again.
Yes it works, thanks :3

But I'm then stuck without a dev_user and the ability to quick test maps :/
When I wanted to get developer mode I didn't fully understand it. I got a friend to give me the files for it. I can upload the files you need to replace if it's you want.
Pages: 1 2