Frictional Games Forum (read-only)

Full Version: Key script
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(02-03-2012, 10:30 AM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]Re-examining the .lang file, you forgot to close the Note_note2_Text entry.
Haha true that... fixed ^^
But did that have anything to do with the key not working... or maybe the whole .lang file don't work if just 1 thing dose'nt?
(02-03-2012, 10:39 AM)Saren Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-03-2012, 10:30 AM)Your Computer Wrote: [ -> ]Re-examining the .lang file, you forgot to close the Note_note2_Text entry.
Haha true that... fixed ^^
But did that have anything to do with the key not working... or maybe the whole .lang file don't work if just 1 thing dose'nt?
1 thing wrong = whole lang doesn't work.

Alright, as I said, I fixed it but still nothing =(
Well, the key has a name now and stuff, but it can't open the door...
(02-03-2012, 10:56 AM)Saren Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the key has a name now and stuff, but it can't open the door...

If the script doesn't cause the game to error out or at least display a script error, then i cannot say the script posted is for the map with the item in question. In the script you posted, you tried to make use of variables that have not been declared, which otherwise would have been strings instead of variables.
Sooooo..... that means I have to change that... any suggestions?
(02-03-2012, 11:22 AM)Saren Wrote: [ -> ]Sooooo..... that means I have to change that... any suggestions?

First, make sure the hps file has the same name as the map file. Secondly, Masterbedroomkey and masterbedroomdoor need to be strings.
Aaaaand, I do that how? xD.. Sry, but it all seems the same to me, haha
Pages: 1 2